Chapter 22

Andy's 18 Weeks and 1 Day... Today, Andy goes back to work. Yesterday, Andy woke up with a text from Maya reminding her that she goes back to work today. That made Andy sad because she didn't want to go back to work without Robert. So, she got up, showered, got dressed, kissed Robert goodbye, and then left. When she got to work, everyone was so happy to see her. She decided to take the desk today, so they all started on chores and just hung out.

Around nine in the morning, Robert decided to call his realtor and set up a meeting for the realtor to come and get an estimate on the house he owns now, so that way, they could buy a house together to give his girls a home when they come home from the hospital.

Around eleven in the morning, the team got a call to go to a three-alarm fire, which is going to turn into a four-alarm probably according to the fire chief. When the team left, Andy wanted to go with them so badly. However, she was taking it easy. When the team left, she was lonely, so she decided to call Robert and have him come up to the station via Uber.

When he got to the station, he came in and found Andy downstairs on the phone. After she finished the phone call, he kissed and hugged her. Conversation... Robert: It hasn't even been six hours and I'm seeing you. Andy: I know. Robert: What have you guys done today? Andy: The team went shopping and I decided to do the desk. Also, they just left for a possible four-alarm fire. Robert: Okay. Are you hungry? Andy: Of course. You're children make me starve. Robert: Okay. You stay down here and I'll cook. Andy: Okay. (Robert goes and makes Andy a BLT. He then brings it to her.) Robert: I'm thinking since the fire is now a four-alarm, should I make the team something to eat? Andy: That would be nice, but then they would know you can cook. Robert: So? They're my family for life because you're my family. They became my family when I married you. Andy: Okay. What are you going to make? Robert: I was thinking lasagna. Andy: How'd you know that I've wanted that for the past three weeks? Robert: Luck? Grab the radio and let's go upstairs. Andy: Okay. (Andy grabs a radio, and they head upstairs to cook.) Andy: Are you going to make the noodles from scratch? Robert: No. Andy: That sucks. You always make the best noodles. (Then Andy and Robert start the noodles, cook the meat, grab the cheese, and do all the seasonings.)

Robert: It should be done in about three hours. Do you think they should be back? Andy: From the sounds of it, the fire is calming down. So, hopefully. Robert: Okay. It hasn't been in the oven long and it smells good in here. Andy: I know. I have to go back downstairs. (About five in the evening the team radioed that the fire was out and that they were on the way back to the station. They were at the fire scene for about eight hours. When the team came back they were covered in dirt and ash, but they smelled something good when they came into the station.) Vic: Andy, what's that smell? Andy: When you're clean, you'll find out. (They all shower and then they come out. When they all come out, the lasagna, salad, and garlic bread are on the table. When they saw all the food, they were surprised and confused. Even Maya was confused.) Andy: Everyone sits down for our meal. Travis: Who made this? Andy burns everything she touches. Andy: I helped. However, Robert cooked. Vic: He cooks? Andy: Yep. Everyone digs in. (Everyone had a bite.) Travis: This is amazing. Everyone: Agreed. (Robert smiles.) Robert: Tell us everything about the fire. Andy: Agreed. I miss fighting fires. This is the only thing I get mad at the babies about is that I can't fight fires. Maya: You guys will be back soon enough. Andy, we need to talk about something in a little bit. Robert too. Andy: Okay.

For a little while, they all eat and talk. Then the team does clean up, while Andy and Robert talk with one another and rested. Around six-thirty in the evening, Maya calls them down to her office. So, they head down there to talk to her.