Chapter 24

Andy's 20 Weeks and 3 Days... Today, Andy and Robert close on their new house! Andy and Robert are both very excited to close on their starter home together. They close this morning, sign all the paperwork, and get the keys to the home.

Over the past couple of days, they've been packing, and moving stuff to their storage unit and have even scheduled the date for when their movers are going to come and move them. They're both so excited to sign those papers and get into the house.

This morning, they got up, showered, got ready, and dressed for their appointment at Hazel's office which is at ten in the morning. They headed to her appointment at 9:45 in the morning. When they got there, they were both very excited, and ready to sign the paperwork.

When they walked in, they checked in, and Hazel came and took them to her office. Conversation... Hazel: Morning, guys. Andy: Morning. Hazel: Are you guys ready? Andy: Very much so. Hazel: Good, I'm glad. (They go in there and sit down.) Hazel: All you have to is provide these signatories and then the house is yours. Robert: Okay. (They start signing the paperwork, and they sign a lot of papers. Eventually, they finish.) Hazel: Congrats guys. The house is officially yours and you're homeowner's. It is my honor to give you the keys to your home. Andy: Thank you. Hazel: I got some news on the land you wanted. Andy: What is it? Hazel: They had the land surveyed and it's fit to build between a 3,000 and 6,000-square-foot house and you should be able to customize your backyard as well. Andy: Good. Hazel: Would you like to purchase the land? It's $30,000 for the acre. Robert: Let's go for it. We love the neighborhood a ton, and it's really nice. Hazel: The neighborhood is nice and upcoming. So, they'll be adding more shops, restaurants, and so much more. They plan on adding some neighborhood features. Andy: That sounds great.

Hazel: Let me draw up the paperwork, and submit the offer. I'll call you by this evening hopefully to let you know if they went for it. Andy and Robert: Okay. Andy: Thank you so much. Hazel: You're welcome. (They leave and when they leave Andy's excited.) Andy: We own a house! Robert: Yes, we do. (Andy does a dance and Robert laughs.) Andy: Let's go see our new house. Robert: Okay. (They drive to their new house and it's so empty. Andy pulls out her phone and puts on some music.) Andy: Give me your hands. Robert: Okay. (Andy takes Robert's hands and they start dancing. Andy loves to dance with Robert.) Andy: We did it. Robert: Yes, we did. (They dance together for a couple of minutes.) Andy: Let's go home. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, they went home, and started packing more.

That evening, they brought their first load to their house. When they did, it was exciting to bring the load inside and finally be in their home. They were able to do a couple of loads today. They loved taking those loads to that house.

They decided to tell the team once they have everything moved in and settled. So, since the team knows nothing about any of this, Andy and Robert are going to move in slowly until the moving truck comes in two days after Andy's shift tomorrow.

That evening, Hazel called with the results of their offer, and it was accepted, so, Hazel had to draw up the paperwork. They plan to sign the paperwork, after Andy's next shift. (21 weeks and 2 days)

Andy's 20 Weeks and 5 Days... Today, they moved into their house. This morning, the moving company came right after Andy walked thru the door after work, and moved everything to the new house. It was a very long day, but it was worth it.

The movers and Robert didn't let Andy help at all with the moving process, because they were being protective of her and the twins. The only job they left her to do was direct them. She couldn't even lift anything even though they knew that she was a firefighter and could lift everything. So, she just directed on both ends.