Chapter 23

Andy's 18 Weeks and 6 Days... Today, Andy and Robert are going house hunting for a bigger house to live in while they build their dream home.

Yesterday, after they got home, they started packing some boxes. Then that evening, Hazel called and said that she has six houses for them to see today. However, they don't have to see all of them if they don't want to.

This morning, they woke up around seven-thirty, showered, and then had breakfast together. Then this morning, Robert has a physical therapy appointment. So, they went to his appointment, which lasted ninety minutes. That's the largest one for each week. Every week he has one ninety-minute appointment, and then two sixty-minute appointments.

After their appointment, they got ready to head to their first house. They're hoping to find their house by the end of the day, and they're both so excited. Robert still can't drive, so Andy's in charge of driving, but Robert can go upstairs now. So, that made house hunting easier.

Today, they actually saw all the houses. They are so glad to be done, but now they have to decide. In all, they like only four houses. They need to call Hazel with the house they want to place an offer on by the end of the day and it's around four in the afternoon.

So, they decided to go to dinner at a restaurant. It's both a bar and a restaurant. They went in, sat down at a table, ordered, and talked while they waited for their food. Conversation... Andy: We need to decide. Today, we saw six houses and have five favorites. Robert: The thing is all the houses are within budget, and two are within a fifteen-minute walk. Then the rest are between a five to thirty-minute drive to the station. Robert: Yeah, I'm leaning towards the two that are within the fifteen-minute walk to the station. Andy: Me too. So, let's get rid of the three that are too far. Robert: Okay. Let's talk about the houses and start with house one.

Andy: It's three beds and three baths, and it's 2,273 sqft. Then it's $489,000. So, that's good. It has little work and Hazel says that it has good rental potential. Then it's open and very nice and has very few changes to be made.

Robert: It has an amazing kitchen and backyard. Plus, it has an open layout, and a playroom/ loft for the girls if we're still there when we get to that step of their life. However, it has no guest room. Andy: So, true. It also has a garage and a nice backyard. Robert: Yeah. What about house two? Andy: It has four bedrooms and bathrooms and it's 2,736sq feet. Then, it's $400,000. Robert: It's cheaper than the other house and nicer. Andy: Yeah. It has a good kitchen and so much space. It has a big garage and backyard. Robert: Agreed. They both have good features, but they are some downsides. However, they're both close to the station and in good parts of Seattle. Andy: Plus, it's a family-friendly neighborhood. Robert: Yeah. Both of the houses need no renovation, which is quite nice. Andy: Agreed. I like the bigger one. Robert: Me too. It's nice and I think it's the one for now. Andy: Okay. I guess we're buying a house. Robert: I guess we are. I'll call Hazel and you get us a glass of champagne and water. Andy: Okay.

Robert goes and calls Hazel to tell her that have a house to put an offer on it. When he called her, they placed an offer for $375,000, and Hazel told them that it'll take a couple of days to come back. When he got off the phone, dinner was there, and Andy had the drinks.

Andy: Here you go. You get the real stuff and I get water sadly. Robert: Thank you. You'll get the real stuff in a couple of months. We should hear back about the house within the next two days. Andy: Okay. I'm really excited about the house. Robert: Me too.: End of Conversation After that, they sit down, eat their dinner, and hang out. After dinner, they headed home, packed some boxes, and then went to bed.