Chapter 20

Andy's 16 Weeks and 5 Days... When Andy woke up beside Robert, she was happy, because it felt like forever to her since she's slept beside him. That morning, Amelia came by and did Robert's normal exam.

However, during the day, the team paid Andy and Robert a visit. Today, was another shift. It was a kinda busy shift. Since the team hasn't seen Andy much. They decided to stop in, and see Andy. So, on the next call, they all went up there. When they showed up, they dropped their victim off and then asked where the rehab floor was. They were then directed upstairs, and when they made it upstairs. They made it to the desk, and Nurse Adam's was at the desk. When Nurse Adam saw them come up, she knew that they were there for Robert and Andy.

Conversation... Nurse Adams: Hello, everyone. I take it you guys are here for Andy and Robert. Maya: Yes, we are. Nurse Adams: Do they know you guys are coming? Maya: No. Nurse Adams: Okay. They are in his room. I'll be right back. Vic: Okay. (Nurse Adams goes to Andy and Robert's room. Nurse Adam's knocks.) Nurse Adams: You guys have some visitors. (Andy and Robert are confused.) Andy: Who? Nurse Adams: Guess? Robert: The team? Nurse Adam: Yep. Robert: Okay. Bring them back. Nurse Adams: Okay. (Nurse Adams goes back to the team.) Nurse Adams: I'll take you guys to his room. So, which one of you is which? (They all go around introducing themselves while going to Robert's room. When they got there, Nurse Adams knocked on the door.) Nurse Adams: Andy, the team is here. Andy: Thank you. (Andy hugs her. Everyone comes in.) Andy: Hey, guys. Vic: Hey. Long time no see. Dean: How's it going? Robert: Good. How's work? Maya: Busy. We just had a five-alarm fire last shift. Robert: That sounds like fun. Andy: Agreed. (They all hung out for a while until they got another call. After they left, Nurse Adam came in.) Nurse Adams: How was the visit? Andy: Good. What do you think of the team? Nurse Adams: I like them. Thanks to you, I knew who everyone was. Remember, Robert you have your exercises in about thirty minutes. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, they hung out, and a little bit later, Nurse Adams came in and did Robert's exercises. Then they spent the rest of the day together, and Andy left around 5:30 in the evening.

Andy's 16 Weeks and 6 Days... When Andy woke up this morning, she was lonely, but she got ready for the day. Before she left for the rehab floor, Andy got a phone call from Amelia.

Conversation... Amelia: Is this Andy? Andy: Yes, it is. Amelia: This is Dr. Shepherd. Andy: Is Robert alright? Amelia: Yes, he is. I wanted to talk to you about something. Andy: Okay. Amelia: What do you think about Robert going home tomorrow? Andy: Really? Amelia: Yes. I don't see any problems with him going home tomorrow. Andy: Wow. Does he know? Amelia: No. I thought we could tell him together. Andy: Okay. I'm about to leave for the rehab center. Amelia: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Andy finished getting ready for the rehab center, and then she left.

When she got there, she had a smile on her face. When she reached the desk, she had Nurse Adam page Amelia and tell her that she was there and that Amelia wanted to talk to them both. So, Andy headed to Robert's room, with a smile on her face. However, she turned her smile down when she came into the room. After about an hour, Amelia and Nurse Adam came in. When they came in, they both had a smile on their faces.

Conversation... Robert: Why are you guys smiling? Andy: May I tell him? Amelia: I guess. Robert: What's going on? Andy: Do you wanna go home tomorrow? Robert: Really? Nurse Adam: Yes. We are kicking you out. Robert: Seriously? Amelia: Yes. You would have to come here a couple of times a week. You would likely start out three times a week, then you would go downtimes a week, and then once a week. Robert: Okay. Nurse Adams: You probably won't be able to go up the stairs for a little bit. However, since you are now down to a cane, you should be able to stay downstairs. Robert: Okay.

Nurse Adams: You will need to get up and walk around. Like you do here. Robert: Okay. Amelia: Robert, do you feel comfortable going home? Robert: Definitely. Nurse Adam: Okay. Amelia: Okay. I'll put the paperwork thru. Robert: Okay. (Nurse Adams and Amelia leave.) Robert: This must while you've been smiling big when you came here. Andy: You noticed? Robert: Of course. I have a crazy idea. Andy: What? Robert: Come close, and give me your hands. Andy: Okay. Why? Robert: Just trust me. Andy: Okay. (Andy gives Robert her hands. He pulls her close, and he starts to slow dance with her.) Andy: What are you doing? Robert: Dancing with my wife. Andy: Why? Robert: Andy, just dance with me. Andy: Okay. (So they dance for a few minutes, and then Nurse Adams comes in. So, they finish the song and then stop.) Nurse Adams: Now, that's the kind of PT that you need. Andy: Really? Nurse Adams: Yes. Andy, you need to put most of your weight on him. However, you need to put more weight on little by little. Andy: Okay. What do you need? Nurse Adam: I just have a few questions. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, they all talked for a little bit. Then Andy left about 6:00 in the evening. She couldn't wait to bring him tomorrow.