Chapter 27

Andy's 24 Weeks and 4 Days (shift 3/3)... Today, Andy and Robert got to go to work together. They got up together, got dressed together, and left together. They walked to work today.

They were the first ones to work, and they both went up to his office. When they got in there, it was dusty. Conversation... Andy: Apparently, we forgot to clean in here. Sorry. Robert: It's okay. The fire chief will be by later to talk to me. About coming back. However, it'll be just paperwork today. No fires for me. I hear everyone. Andy: Let's see how long it takes for them to notice you up here. Robert: Okay. (Robert pulls out dusting supplies, and starts dusting. Andy just laughs.) Andy: Do we forget to clean up here often? Robert: No, because I usually clean in here. Andy: Okay. It's been twenty minutes. How much longer? Robert: Who knows? Andy: When it reaches an hour, I'll go out and yell "Baby daddy in the house!" Robert: Okay. We did walk. Andy: True. (After thirty-minutes, Andy got a text from Maya asking where she was. All Andy could do is laugh.) Andy: I just got a text from Maya asking where I am. Robert: Do it. Andy: Really? Robert: Yes. Andy: You're coming with me. (They go onto the cat walk.) Andy: BABY DADDY IN THE HOUSE! (They both laugh. The team comes out into the barn.) Maya: Where have you been? Andy: In Robert's office for an hour. Robert: We walked here today. Vic: Welcome back, sir. Robert: Thank you, Vic. (Maya comes up to Robert's office.)

Maya: it's your last ambulance shift. Do you want to skip it or do ambulance? Andy: I can do a mix of both. However, I'm thinking the desk and up here mostly. Maya: Okay. (Maya leaves.) Robert: Does she always ask? Andy: Yes, she does. I can also have a day off whenever I need one. The fire chief has twin daughters. Robert: Gotcha. Maya: Fire chief on deck! (Everyone comes running, and gets into position including Robert.)

Brad: Dismissed. Sullivan and Hurrera upstairs please. (The new fire chief is named Brad Anderson. Andy hugs him.) Andy: Hey, Brad. Has Kathy gotten back on us meeting yet? Brad: Yes, she said for me to give her phone number to you. Andy: Thank you. Brad: Welcome back, Sullivan. I've heard only good things. The plan is for you to get back to fire's next shift. Robert: Okay. Brad: I would love to invite you both to the yearly Fire Gala. It's formal. Andy: When is it? Brad: Next month. Andy: Okay. Brad: Here's Kathy's number. See you later. Andy: I'll walk you out. Brad: Thank you. How are you doing? Andy: Good. We're having twin daughters, and they are constantly moving. Brad: Good luck. Baby A which is Amanda never stopped moving, but Baby B Andrea, was the calmest. Now their switched around, Amanda is the calmest, and Andrea is the wild child. Andy: Wow. I guess I'll see you later. Brad: Okay, bye Andy. (Andy goes back up to Robert's office.) Robert: How do you know the fire chief? Andy: He was apart of my dad's team back in the day. I've know him since I was ten. However, I'm not supposed to tell anyone that. I used to call him Uncle Braddy. However, he has me call him Brad now. We lost touch when he moved stations and states. I was seventeen, when he left. It tore everyone apart, but mostly my dad. They were so close. Robert: Wow.: End of Conversation After that, they spend time together.

During the whole shift, Andy took two ambulance calls. One that morning, and one in the middle of the night. Robert surprised her by taking a picture after her last two calls to keep as a memory.

Andy's 24 Weeks 5 Days... After shift, they walked home. Andy called Kathy, and they decided to meet tomorrow. Andy also has a doctor appointment in the morning and they plan to stop by their house after.

Andy's 24 Weeks and 6 Days... When Andy woke up this morning, she was excited to meet Kathy and have her doctor's appointment. Her doctor appointment is first and is at ten in the morning.