Chapter 8

Two months later

   I hissed as we marched to a large kingdom we can see to the south. The human beside me slammed his whip into my flank as I responded in kind with my tail smashing into his side he went sprawling into the dirt with several lacerations where my sharp scales ripped into his side. Glaring harshly at the man as I flared my aura making him pass out. A stronger whip cracked into my side as I continued moving. Looking around I noticed everyone else was struggling as my eyes narrowed as a hiss escaped my muzzled jaw recognizing the scent. The queen appeared," Well this is a nice surprise indeed. All three outlawed phoenix wyverns in my possession. A wind wyverness, a male lightning, and a male wind." Energy rippled from me as she grinned," Well you have gotten stronger Inferno of the Eternal flame." More energy rippled from me as I snarled through the muzzle as she waved her hand as I felt a searing pain in my sides as the Dragon curse activated me," Bow down Inferno or the pain will not stop." More power seeped from me as she waved her hand as a massive force pinned me down completely as she sighed," Well Inferno this is my power." My aura exploded full force enabling me to stand. She gasped as my chains shattered while I slammed into her with a fatal blow from my talon. She fell to the ground gurgling blood. A loud voice echoed," Wow the supreme sorceress was defeated by a mere seven year old wyvern." A giant claw slammed into me,"  I will be taking him."   Growling in fury," Why don't you try it." The queen on the ground glowed green," Very well, Titan king of the Wyverns." Titan mused out loud,"   I will be going now."  

  Titan simply jumped off the ground with one push with his massive wings. The ground flew past as rivers, trees, mountains passed at unbelievable speeds. We landed on a giant mountain,"This inferno is your new home Inferno of the Eternal flame."  He set me down as I immediately tensed and got into an aggressive stance," Why take me here?!" Titan grinned,"Because you can serve me. Your power will be crucial for a reason. Gaia get over here now we have a new comer!" An earth wyvern appeared in a column of dirt," My lord you asked for me." Titan nodded," Yes this is Inferno I want you to take him to my daughter Vesta to control his flames." 

   Gaia nodded," Of course Your Majesty. Follow me young one." Still tensed I followed her as she looked back," Calm down young one." Hissing deep in my throat she chuckled," Your on edge." I snarled," Why wouldn't I be I am around wyverns I don't know, tired haven't slept for two months, and hungry so of course I am on edge." We continued walking as she stood in front of a door and tapped it," Lady Vesta may we come in?" A voice replied," Of course Gaia. I sense a raging flame that is exhausted yet strong." Gaia opened the door as a large Fire wyverness roughly the same size of my mother smiled," Well seems like I was right. What is your name young one?" Growling," Inferno." She flicked her tail and stood up before walking over and quietly wrapped her wings around me. I was still tensed before melting into her warmth and immediately broke down in quiet sobs for the first time of my life as she whispered calming words as I fell asleep. 

   A/N Well what do you think of the little change. As strong as Inferno is he is still a wyrmling or young wyvern so he relatively young. Wyverns don't mature tell they are twenty or so. So he is a hatchling in other terms. Vote, Comment, and Recommend.