4.4

Sunday

Today is the day Austin and Hailey are leaving today, I have yet to drop them off at the airport.

I dress in black leggings and a black Nike sweatshirt with the word NIKE in white lettering with a maroon outline and a maroon Nike logo underneath.

Hailey awaits for me downstairs while I continue to freshen myself from the sleep before.

As we sit in the car, the silence of sorrow overtakes us knowing we won't see each other for a while, that probably being a year.

I drive off the highway into the airport drop-off lane and park the car while clicking the button to open the trunk.

I step out into the cold air and open their doors. I grab their suitcases from the back and stand there until they come out with hoodies on.

"I'm going to miss you guys so so much," I admit, tears prickling at my eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. We will visit again soon and we are always a phone call away when you need us." Hailey says sympathetically.

"Okay, I love you guys."

"We love you too," they say as we go in for a group hug.

As I hold them tightly, not wanting to let go, we here speakers call out.

"Flight 276 to Miami, Florida, will be hoarding in 30 minutes."

Saltwater rolls down my cheeks as I wave goodbye. biting my lip, I start the car and pull out of the lane and back onto the highway.

Wednesday

Today is the day school starts back up again, I guess we only got a week and a half.

I was nervous, what were people going to think? About me and Josh? Do they even know? Do they know about my parents' divorce?

As I walk through the halls in light grey sweatpants with my white Rolling Stones Nike hoodie dropping over me, I feel as though everyone is staring when they're not.

I get to my locker, shoving my black backpack in my locker, and only taking what I need while walking to my biology class.

When I sit down, being one of the only few in the class so far, I'm already exhausted.

"Hey, did you sleep okay?" I sudden voice knocks me from my slumber.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm good." I explain to Josh as he takes the empty seat next to me.

"You know you can talk to me?" He says, sadness glistening in his eyes.

"I know," I offer a slight smile until the teacher walks in.

By the end of school, my stress levels are through the roof. Exams being next week and my parents getting a divorce meaning I'll be switching between houses every week according to what my mom told me, and accordingly so, my dad already bought his house.

She said she had a surprise for me, a trip she's been planning although I don't know when it will pursue she said soon.

As I pull into a gas station, my phone buzzes.

Josh: Hey

Me: hey

Josh: what ya doing?

Me: getting gas wby

Josh: studying for exams but wanting a break. Wanna hang?

Me: bring your bathing suit;)

I smile, finishing filling up my gas. I get back into my car and make my way back to my house.

As I pull into the driveway, I assume my father isn't here saying he's probably moving into his house.

I change into the reddish-orange underworked bikini top with a white two strapped bikini bottom. I grab towels from the closet and head out onto the deck.

I place the towels on a stool and I open the cover to the hot tub by unlocking it and lifting it onto the side.

After turning all the controls on and switching it to higher heat, I take a quick trip inside and grab earbuds to plug in while I wait for Josh.

While playing 8teen by Khalid as I have my head thrown back into the edge while my music blasts in my ears.

After a few minutes of enjoying the heat and steam of the hot tub, I feel a pair of lips against my neck. I jolt away but turn to face the mystery person who turned out to be Josh.

"Oh my god, you scared me," I laugh with relief and turn to face him. I lean in and give him a kiss, our noses barely getting in the way.

His tall figure makes me stand up to meet his height for the most part, as this kiss is slow but passionate.

He slowly makes his way into the hot tub by swinging one leg over then placing his hand behind my head for support to swing his other leg in as well.

We are both crouching onto each other into the kiss while my hands tangle in his dampened hair while his hands travel up and down my soaked body.

Our heads are just above the water as my hands make their way down from his hair to his neck when I feel soft fabric prick at my fingers.

I pull away giggling, "do you still have your shirt on?"

Without a response, his hands separate from me and reach under the water pulling it up to show his toned abdomen.