0.8

//Savannah//
We sit in the burning water staying relaxed as we talk about weird and random things. My phone dings signaling that I have a new text message.

Austin: okay so I have tea

Me: what is it?

Austin: so when I was at target today and...

Me: and? Oh btw you guys can stay with me when you visit

Austin: well I saw this really hot guy...

Austin: he also had a gay pride button on his lanyard...

Austin: so I took it as a sign that he was gay and asked for his number!

Me: I am so proud.

Austin: you should be.

I feel Josh places his chin on top of my shoulder. I smile.

"Who are you texting?" He asks curiously.

"My friend Austin." I laugh looking at him chill on my shoulder.

"OoO does Savannah have a crush?" He wiggles his brows at me.

"Josh... Austin's gay." I cackle at him and you tell by his facial expression that he wasn't expecting the words that had come out of my mouth.

"Oh, my bad." He blushes. I don't even realize that my parents are going to be home in about 2 minutes until I look at the time on my phone. But seconds after, I hear the garage doors open.

"Shit my parents are home!" I whisper yell.

"Ok, why does that matter?" He asks utterly confused as he stares at me.

"My dad is so strict about boys. Okay, go behind the hot tub over there in the corner." I point to the edge of the hot tub where there is a little space between 2 walls and the outer rim of the tub. He swims over, smoothly getting out and crouching down and staying silent. I pretend to be on my phone when I hear the beach door open and loud footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey Savannah," he pauses, glaring, "who's car is parked on the curb next to our house?"

"Maybe the neighbors? I don't know." I comment without making eye contact.

"Okay. Get out soon, it's getting late." His voice is croaky as if he's drunk. I hear the back door shut then feel water splash onto my exposed back. I turn around to see josh jumping back in.

"I should get going." He speaks hooping back out and grabbing a towel. "Wait... how the hell am I supposed to get my clothes out of your room?"

"Okay, first off, you make it sound like we had s.ex," I laugh and he does too, imagine having sex with- "second off, you stay here and go back to your hiding place if anyone comes out. I'll be right back." I state getting out and wrapping the towel around my body. I walk silently to my room and grab his clothes out of my bathroom smelling cologne as soon as I pick them up. I sneakily walk out of my room but when I'm about to go back outside I hear my parents bickering in their bedroom with the door nearly shut. "No! You can not keep-" I walk past them, not wanting to hear the rest as I walk outside to see josh already dry and leaning against the wall, the brightness of his phone illuminating onto his face.

"Here. You can go through the gate if you want." I sighed leaning against the wall, next to him, fiddling the hem of my bikini.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks, pulling my chin up, forcing me to look at him.

"My parents are fighting again." I feel a tear stride down my cheek but when it's about to fall, the pad of Josh's thumb rubs it off

"Hey, it's okay, it's going to get better, I promise." He holds up his right pinky and I smile connecting my right pinky with his. Unexpectedly, he pulls our connected fingers to his mouth, kissing his thumb and I gladly do the same. "I'll text you tomorrow." He says walking away through the wooden gate as I stand there dumbfounded.

a/n
I'm watching clueless.