3.1

"Fuck this shit! I'm leaving!" I hear the scratches voice that belongs to my father as I step away from the door and run downstairs as quickly as I can.

I grab my wallet and phone from the counter before running out the door, tears pouring out of my eyes.

I call the only person who can pick me up.

After three dials, he finally picks up. "Hey?"

"Josh," I sob into my hand. "Can you come to get me?"

"What's wrong? When?" He says as I hear the sounds out drawers opening and shutting in the background.

"Right n-now. Please." I plead and he agrees before hanging up.

I walk in front of my garage and sit against it. Why? Why my parents? I question my sanity and after nearly ten minutes, the familiar car pulls up in front of me.

I stumble up, running into the passenger seat, tears still rolling down my ruined face endlessly as I reach over the armrest and wrap my arms around Josh.

"Sav, what wrong," He asks, pulling away and cupping my face.

"My p-parents, t-they," the words don't come out as I sob into his shoulder.

"It's okay, take your time,"

"My parents are cheating on each other," I state almost instantly like it was burning to be said.

"What?" He asks in disbelief.

"They-they were fighting and I overheard them," I sniff up the droopy snot falling from my nose, "they're cheating, that's why I found those condoms in their bathroom."

"Oh my- Sav, I'm so sorry," he kissed my forehead.

"D-do you think the will get a divorce?" I stutter out the harsh words that have pity.

"I-don't know Sav, it'll be okay though," she sighs, "I'm here for you."

"Thank yo-you." I pull away from his grip and start wiping my tears, pulling down the visor to look in the small rectangular mirror. My eyes were puffy and I had hives.

"So... where are we going?" He asks, putting the car in drive and pulling out of the driveway, I shrug.

"Do you want to go to the lake? We can go swimming, it's pretty hot out." He suggests

"I-I don't have a swimsuit, I don't really want to go back inside,"

"Well you have to get Avani a present anyway so we will go to target." I nod, agreeing to his sweet gesture as I buckle my seatbelt trying to contain myself again.

When we arrive at our destination, my face feels less swollen than before and my face was less red.

We go straight to the women's section. Due to the November weather, bathing suits weren't selling as much so they would most likely be on clearance.

Josh follows me as I search the racks before landing on a plain black set. The price was a little over $10 saying it was in the clearance section to be sold and rid off.

"I'll go try this on," I mutter, heading towards the small rooms labeled 'fitting rooms'.

The fit was good, the bottoms were a bit small but nothing I can't deal with. The top was not as flattering for my body type as the ones I have at home but it looked okay, it really isn't the time to be picky.

The bikini was definitely cheap quality but it may only be for this one time use.

I hear soft knocking on the door of my changing room causing me to be startled as I tie the strings on the back of the top. "Who is it?"

"Josh..." he chuckles at my stupidity, "I, I want to see it on you,"

I lean towards the handle, not thinking twice as I turn it, unlocking to reveal a dumbfounded Josh.

"It's a little small but it'll do," I tell him as he mumbles a few curse words.

"You look... beautiful,"

I giggle, "why to thank you, now I just need my bottle of champagne and a flight to the Bahamas," I joke, "I'll look rich," I laugh at how flimsy the strings in the back.

The door stays wide open, he leans in places a soft kiss to my lips, not wanting to get too caught up in the small moment.

"Now go," I shoo him off with hand gestures before shutting the door and changing back into my normal clothes.

"Let's go get Avani's present shall we?" He asks as I open the door of the small claustrophobic room.

"What're we going to get her?" I ask, not knowing exactly what she defines as a good birthday gift.

"I don't know, how about friendship bracelets for the five of you girls?" He suggests and nods in excitement.

"That's perfect!" I cheer, heading to the jewelry section to look for beaded bracelets but not having any luck on finding any.

"They might have some at kohls? Or you could get Pura Vida ones at Tillys,"

"How do you know so much about bracelets?" I chuckle.

"Well-I, I've researched," he looks away from me as we scan my cheep outfit. "But my friend works there, he's nice; he'll give us a discount."

"I'm sure you have."

***

When we had gotten to kohl's it was crowded. It was almost as crowded as it would be on a Black Friday sale. Which actually is in a few days coincidentally.

Almost.

We walk through hallways filled with people trying to get through without throwing tantrums before finally making it into the jewelry section. The racks were running low on their stocks as we looked around but once again not succeeding to find anything useful.

"Do you think we have to dress nicely when we go to Avani's Friendsgiving?" He asks suddenly.

"I don't know, I might, not like a dress or anything but maybe jeans,"

"Mhm, okay." He says with a scowl.

We continue looking throughout the racks before giving up and heading to the local outdoor strip mall.

The drive was a bore and it was surprisingly long with traffic. It took almost half an hour just to find parking.

People around here go nuts even though thanksgiving in Canada is on October 12, but yet they still try to act American in our town.

Our large town was on the border, right above Minnesota. People were very big on American holidays, I mean, I understand why. Their holidays are always at better times than ours.

As we gallery walks around the small store, we make our way to the register area to look inside the glass cabinets were they keep their bracelets.

They were definitely pricy, about $15 for one. I look at them one last time before picking out five simply knitted bracelets.

One black with a wave for Avani, one white with gold beads for Addison, one a coral pink color with purple and blue strings for Charli, and a black and white stringed one for Dixie.

Personally, I decided to go simple and get one gray with a circular wave in the middle.

"Hey Chris," Josh greets, doing a bro handshake that I've seen him do with many people before. "Mind if I hit you up on that discount today?"

Chris had darker skin with dark brown hair fluffed on top of his head. He had diamond stud earrings in his lobes and a chain necklace with a cross dangling from it sitting on his neck.

"Of course man, who's this?" He asks, reaching over the counter to shake my hand and I gladly return the gesture.

"I'm Savannah,"

-

And they're off.

And I'm logging off, idk why this chapter took 3 days to write even though I worked on it every day:/

As always, stay safe<3
-E