1.2

Monday

The voice of my alarm music startled me when I awaken from my slumber. I sit up thinking about what the day would bring.

When I'm finally out of bed I change into washed out, light blue ripped jeans, a white knitted sweater due to the mid-November weather, custom painted Air Force 1's, with my usual necklace out.

I decided to start wearing earrings again but I basically had to re-pierce where I got my ears pierced in the first place, my cartilage was fine thankfully. I put a gold dangling lightning bolt in the first whole, a gold mini 10mm hoop in the second, and a gold round stud on the third. I always have my small gold hoop in my low cartilage piercing because I got it when I was twelve and couldn't get it any higher. I plan on getting another one on the same ear right above it soon.

After brushing my teeth, hair, and applying my usual dose of makeup I head back to my room putting socks on

"Savannah! Hurry up before we leave you here!" I groan, slipping my shoes on then grabbing my necessities and heading downstairs. "Are you going to eat something?" My mother asks with her eyes lazy which I assume she got barely any sleep.

"I usually just get a frontal bar from the vending machines at school," I tell her and she nods grabbing her keys.

"Well let's get a move on then." She sighs walking over to the front door. "David! C'mon!" She yells sighing even louder now, then looking at me to roll her eyes at my dads' terrible behavior. I take a smile but it doesn't last long when it turns into a frown right after.

I conscience was right, they did fight the whole way. All I did was listen to my usual music playlist and scroll through Instagram and answering my Snapchat and dm's.

Today was our last week before we get the whole two weeks off for Thanksgiving break. I was excited to eat so much food but not excited to gain weight from it. My mom and dad bicker back and forth about who should do whatever thing at work today and so on. I wish my parents never fought. They've been fighting for about the past eight months, yes I've been keeping track, it's exhausting and I bet it's even worse at work.

When we arrive at school I say goodbye then slam the door not wanting to hear any other words. I swing my bag on my shoulder.

When I walk through the school, I look at all the faces I never will get familiar with. I walk to my locker, put in the combination I've become so well known with, and open the dented metal. I put my wallet, phone, keys, and my old biology journal which I forgot I even had.

My morning classes felt lengthy, as usual, until it was time for lunch. As soon as the bell rings everyone is jumping from their seats as if someone just won a goal at a hockey game. As usual, I'm the last one out.

I walk to my locker looking at the numerous amounts of notifications I had.

Squad

Anthony: we are meeting at the kings!!!!

Avani: got it, baby

Charli: eww

Charli: I'm only a child.

Dixie: oh please

Dixie: if you look old enough to to be able to leave the school campus during lunch break

Dixie: you are no longer a child

Charli: wow that's the first

Payton: why is everyone texting in class?

Chase: oh pleas Payton

Chase: you are not that innocent.

Josh: FACTS

Payton: just don't tell the world that

Noah: too late

Payton: what?!

Me: Woah, y'all text sooo much

Avani: well maybe it wouldn't seem like sooo many texts if you would dang respond

Josh: yeah. How do you keep your phone from going off in class anyway?

Me: simple

Me: I keep it in my locker.

Anthony: LaAAaaame

Me: yeah yeah whatever.

Me: see you guys soon.

I ignore the rest of their texts as they blabber on about whatever. I grab my wallet and walk out of the school heading down the street.

When I arrive I see everyone already there and sitting at the same wooden table as last time. They don't even notice my presence until I sit down next to Josh and slam my forehead against the table with my arms above.

They all turn to face me, "Hey what's up?" Avani questions and I just shake my head, still in the same position. "Answer the d.amn question Sav." She demands.

"I got no sleep." I answer, emphasizing the 'no'.

"I thought I told you to take melatonin?" Josh butts in.

"Yeah I did, it took like an hour to kick in, I went to bed at like three am." I look up at him while he gives me a pitiful look. "I tried everything that usually helps me sleep but I don't know..." I trail off knowing they stopped listening after I said "sleep"

"Are they the gummy ones?" Anthony asks, I nod in return. "Try taking two every night for like, a week. Your sleep schedule will be great." He does these strange hand gestures as he explains with one arm around Avani. Awe, I want that.

No, I want way more than that.

"Well, are you gonna get lunch? We still have forty minutes until we have to go back." Dixie asks.

I shake my head leaning my head back to its position. "I'm too lazy." I groan.

"Well we will get it for you," Noah says, getting Charli to go with him before I can argue. I sighed leaning back against the booth chair. I use my hands as a pillow as I lean in the direction of Josh. I'm not really sleeping, it's more of... resting my eyes.

A few minutes later I feel a large hand go under my chin and lift it onto something hard and muscular. I assume it was a shoulder but didn't bother to ask or look at who it was.

a/n
I think I'm finally posting earlier than 5 am:) make sure to vote for each chapter!!!