4.1

Vote, comment, and share!!!

The football rolled out of my hands but no one was remotely close to us to grab it which I noticed when I glanced to the side the ball had rolled.

We stay there for a very brief moment, my wrists held to the ground making my torso and arms unable to move under his strong grip.

"What's that?" I say looking to the left where the bleachers are as a plan to distract him. Instinctively, he looks and I take it as a chance to take my right leg and swinging it around his torso and using my power to flip us over so I'm on top but I quickly stand up and start running to the ball and grabbing it before sprinting to the end zone and scoring a touchdown.

Anthony and Seth come running to me and when Anthony gets to me first he picks me up spins me around making me laugh.

"You just scored the winning point!" Seth exclaims with a high five to my hand.

Josh comes up to me too, "good game," he congratulates, getting close enough to where our bodies are nearly touching.

"Why thank you," and unexpectedly, I feel his arms embrace my shoulders into a hug while after a few moments I wrap my arms around under his gross armpits as we rock side to side.

I didn't know why we were hugging but I wasn't complaining. "Do you wanna come over for some dessert?" I ask but it just came out as muffled words so I pull away a bit and look up into his eyes and repeat myself.

"Sure," he answers and I glance side to side to see if there was anyone around us and sneak a quick kiss to his lips and pull away after a second or two but he didn't seem to like that.

He leans down a bit and places another soft yet passionate kiss to my lips as well.

***

When we arrived home sweaty and with two extra people, my mother was surprised.

We had pumpkin pie and vanilla once cream as we sat next to the fire pit sharing outdoor couches and benches. Josh was sat next to be on a loveseat with his arm around my shoulders, munching on the crust of his pie while I did the same.

We even ended up setting up a very large tent because it was far too late for Aunt Pam and them to be driving home. The tent could probably fit ten people.

After roasting some marshmallows and talking about school gossip, a relationship topic came up.

"Yeah, I have a girlfriend who is also best friends with Sav," Anthony explains.

"God I would kill to have a girlfriend," Seth admits.

"Get a dating app or something, are there any girls you a have an eye on at school?" I interrogate.

"I mean, kinda, but we've only briefly spoken in ECON"

"Yeah, me too" Josh explains and everyone gives him weird looks. Causing him to tense up next to me.

"Hailey, who's your boyfriend?" I ask, breaking the uncomfortable tension.

"His name is Nik, and he's very nice, and he is a surfing instructor for young kids." She explains and we all nod and asks questions such as "how long have you been together?" Or "what does he look like?" Is what they talked about while Josh, Anthony, and I wandered off to the front door to say our goodbyes.

"Anthony I'll meet you in the car," Josh explains and gives him a look before Anthony nods and walks into the driveway.

"Thanks for dessert," he says.

"I'll tell my mother you said thank you then," I laugh. My parents had gone to sleep around 9. "I'm glad you got to stop by at the field."

"Of course, anything for you," he says, planting a peck of his lips to the tip of my red nose from the cold nipping at my skin.

"Bye,"

"Bye, I'll text you." He says before making his way to his car. When he gets in he has a giddy smile on his face when Anthony punches his elbow, making me smile as I shut the front door lightly.

I grab pillows from our rooms and stash blankets onto my shoulders with the hope that they won't fall. Hailey opens the tent for me and I step in and place down blankets and pillows accordingly and yet there is still more room.

Without caring to say goodnight to the rest of the group I'm texting Josh.

Josh<3
Received 12:57
Heyyy

Savannah
Sent 12:59
Hiiii

Josh<3
Received 1:00
Wyd

Savannah
Sent 1:00
Well, I was going to go to sleep but now I'm talking to you:)

Josh<3
Received 1:01
Oops, guess you won't be sleeping anytime soon...

Savannah
Sent: 1:01
You're funny.

Josh<3
Received 1:02
Nevermind, just go to sleep asshole.

I type away a quick thanks before putting my phone on silent and snuggling up against my pillow and under my blanket before failing to drift off to sleep due to the loud chattering it right outside about anything on each other's minds, savoring the last few minutes of the night.

***

When I awaken, I hear faint snoring around me along with a quick shuffle of a body.

Checking my phones, I unlock the screen to see a notification for iMessages

Josh <3
Received 9:34
Be ready by 6. We're going into town.

Savannah
Sent: 10:53
Are you asking me out?

Josh <3
Received 10:55
Would you say yes if I was?

Savannah
Sent: 10:55
yes

Josh<3
Received: 11:00
Then yes, I am asking you out.

Savannah
Sent: 11:01
Then yes, I will go out with you

I smile at my phone and go back to sleep for what felt like five minutes but ended up waking up around noon by loud laughing and giggling.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Grayson exclaims. He sits crisscross on the ground, I grab my plush pillow from behind my head and throw it against him earning a moan of pain and a screech.

"Oh shut up, that didn't hurt," I say, laying back down only to hit my head on the not so plush grass.

"I'm going back to bed," I state, snatching back the pillow and placing it gently underneath me.

a/n

Got surgery yesterday🥴