2.1

//Savannah//

Avani had turned the lights onto a deep blue color, putting me in a chill mood. The water wasn't cold but not hot, warm, it was very relaxing.

I float in the deep end, resting my arms up on the concrete, swiftly kicking my legs underneath the water, looking up at the stars. I map out constellations including the Big Dipper and Pisces. The stars are absolutely fascinating, really, I had a secret admiration for them. I feel as though they tell a story.

I am interrupted from my thoughts when Charli comes and stands in front of me. "Do you wanna make a Tik Tok with me?" She grins happily awaiting my response.

"Sure, what dance?"

"Uh, you know me so well," she had on a cyan-colored bikini that looked fabulous on her. "Do you wanna do the splash one?" I nod and hop out of the pool. She sets up her phone against a brick wall and we position ourselves, setting the three-second timer to start the video.

We complete the dance, after many videos, and finally decide to post the last one, "what's your at?"

"Oh it really doesn't matter, I haven't posted anything," I explain to her as she scoffs. "Okay fine, it's Savannah underscore Williams," she types the username into the description and follows me afterward.

Seconds later, I hear my phone going off multiple times with the same sound playing. I run over to check it, seeing that I had just gained nearly twenty followers, I had assumed they were from Charli which is the main reason I didn't want to post a video with Josh a few weeks ago. I don't want to know what people say about me, whether they accuse me of using Charli, or rude comments about my body type, my looks, etc.

I ignore my phone and turn off notifications for Tik Tok. I go back into the pool and swim over to Josh. "Hey, no wonder they kicked you off the team," he smirks, "you were just too good,"

"I didn't get kicked off..."

"Sure ya didn't." He snorts, making me laugh. I glare at him before he continues, "I was joking... chill."

"Yeah, yeah," I retort back at him.

We chill in the pool for a while longer until it was nearly midnight. Mostly everyone had been out of the pool and talking away on the beach chairs. Avani and Dixie were making Tik Toks as I stayed in the pool along with Anthony and Josh. Chase had already gone home due to his parents screaming at him through the phone.

"You know what," Anthony swims over to me, scaring me a little, "how about we throw the girls into the pool?" I smile as he hand signals for Josh to come over and he tells him the game plan.

As they're making a dance Tik Tok to after-party girl as we sneak up next to them. They were filming near the edge of the pool so we run to their sides as soon as the song starts. We tackle them into the pool, causing Anthony to fall in with them as me and Josh continue the video and dance to it. Near the end, he ends up slinging his arm over both my shoulders making me flush as the contact and show a toothy smile to the camera.

Before Charli and them can complain, Josh takes the phone and tags, everyone, before posting it, a minute after it's posted, it already has 100k likes, I giggle to myself as I look at Avani, dumbfounded.

"You really shouldn't underestimate my powers," I chuckle. "But really, you can't lie, that was good,"

"Yeah, yeah," she complains, hopping out of the water. I walk over to my phone and scroll to her account to like the video. I look through the comments. They were so two-sided.

"Who is this Savannah girl anyway?" "Why is she with Charli and them she doesn't deserve to be" "ew that Savannah girl is so ugly" "why is Josh so close to her*puking emoji*"

Or they would be, "she's so pretty!" "Omg Josh is so lucky" "she should post her own videos!" "I love her already"

It was hurtful, yeah, but I knew I couldn't have them put me in a bad mood.

"What's up frowny face?" Josh asks while jogging over to me.

"Nothing, just comments people said," I frown, thinking about what other things they could say.

"Don't listen to them okay? You're beautiful, don't let anybody tell you different." He emphasizes the "beautiful"  
He embraces me against his bare chest, making me want to kiss his plump lips.

"Aw, thanks," He plants a soft peck on my head.

"Of course,"

"What do you guys wanna do?" Dixie shouts out to everyone. "Oh! How about...never have I ever?"

"Sure," everyone agrees as we all stay in the places we were, not bothering to move as Dixie sits on the concrete where she was standing.

"Okay, so if you don't know how this works, you put a finger down if you have done whatever the person talking hasn't done, for example, never have I ever been electrocuted, and if you have, you put a finger down. Got it?"

We all nod as Dixie starts. "Never have I ever...uh, fainted." I put my right thumb down, as does Avani. "When have you fainted?" Dixie asks with a high pitched voice as if he was accusing someone of murder.

"I was in middle school, I got hit in the head with a tennis ball and got a concussion." They all laugh at me as I explain my terrible baseball incident. "It wasn't funny," I pout.

"Anyway," Josh starts, as he was next to say something. "Never have I ever hitchhiked."

No one puts their fingers down as my turn came after, "never have I ever," I bite my lip, thinking of a good question, "cheated on a test." I watch as all of them put down a finger and I'm dumbfounded. "Bad children." I murmur.

Charli goes next as she floats away in the shallow of the pool. "Never have I ever gotten drunk." I watch as Dixie, Avani, Anthony, and Josh push a finger to their palms as me and Charli look at each other innocently.

"Never have I ever said "I love you" without meaning it," Anthony speaks as his eyes glisten towards Avani and she smiles without putting down a finger as Dixie does.

We played a few more rounds, some questions being sexual, some horrid, but in the end, it was 1:52 AM meaning Josh and Anthony has to leave and go back to Josh's house.

The girls and I went inside, started snacking on ice cream and Oreos, talking about social media.

"People are so rude on every single platform to ever exist." I scoff as they nod their heads in agreement.

"I know, I got this one comment a few days ago and it said, like, "to be honest I hate body shaming but this is how girls become whores, she legit posts bikini pics and she is underage, I don't agree with it," like what the f.uck is that supposed to mean?" Charli retorts as she stuffs her face with an Oreo.

"I know, people are disgusting, they're always like, how the hell can someone be so ugly." Avani sighs, "and they even fucking say stuff around the lines of "why is her style so boyish? It is so not girly." Like what? That's not only rude, but it's sexist."

We talk for endless minutes before we go up to Avani's massive room. "Do you think I could take a quick shower?" I ask and she nods.

"Use the one in the guest room down the hall. My bathroom is a mess," she points down the hall with her black acrylics.

"Okay, thanks!" I cheer and grab my bag that held everything I would need. I even brought my phone incase if emergency. I turn the shower knob about a third away from its highest temperature, and start stripping my clothes.

a/n

Okay, well the next chapter will be better I promise;)

Btw thanks for 700 reads!!!!!

Much love,
-E