1.5

//Savannah//

I walk out of the marble-floored bathroom to see Josh laying on his elbow scrolling through whatever app he was scrolling through. He looks me up and down. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, you tell me." I sit at the end of the bed awaiting his response.

"Do you wanna go on the roof?" He asks leaving me confused as always.

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "What?" I squeak.

"Well my and my," he stops before correcting himself, "our friends always sit on the roof right outside my window since it really huge and not too steep."

I'm still confused as to why he would try risking his life to sit on a roof but nod anyway replying with a simple "sure."

He smiles widely and walks over to his large window, opening the navy blue curtains and once I take a good look, it really isn't that steep. When I nearly slip on a tiny patch of ice, Josh laughs hysterically at me. I punch him in the arm earning what sounded like a moan from him.

"What the h.ell was that?" I snicker at him with a wide grin on my face.

He shrugs it off, sitting down under the cold starry night. I unexpectedly groan I want him to make me groan. I groan in the fact that I have volleyball practice meaning I'll have to run 5 laps around the gym before even practicing.

He looks at me with a frown. "What's up?"

"I have to run, like, eighty-million laps after school tomorrow..." I throw my head back in annoyance with my arms holding me up.

"Eighty-million? That seems exaggerated." He side smiles at me and I lay down on the barely slanted roof.

"Well more like 5, but I hate running, it hurts my knees," I explain to him.

"Why?" He questions as he always seems to do.

"Why what? Why my knees hurt when I run?" I'm a bit confused about why he would want to know what my knees hurt when I run.

"No," oh "why do you have to run?" He clarifies

"Oh right," I giggle at my stupidity, "I have volleyball practice."

"What do you do at practice?"

"Um, we do laps, as you know, we stretch, bump the ball between partners, and we do drills and stuff, then we... we usually play a few games." I describe our normal practice routine before he speaks again.

"Count me in," he looks forward while I'm still laying down.

"Count you in what?" I sit back up suddenly.

"Count me into going to your practice." He answers bluntly and to my surprise, I'm not complaining. Josh seeing me in short shorts might not be that bad...

"Oh, um, if you want," I think deeply then speak again. "You do know you will have to sit on bleachers for two hours right?" I perk an eyebrow making sure he understood.

"I know," he smiles, his pearly teeth glistening in the brightness of the moon.

"So... why exactly do you wanna go?" I question further.

"Because I think that it's reasonable to want to go to my best friends practice." It sounds more of a question than an answer.

"I mean... I, I don't... ok." I sigh, giving in to his pleading as I lay back down. He does the exact same.

"What time is practice at?" He looks over to me as I rest my eyes by closing them.

"Six to eight I think."

"How the f.uck do you not know what time you have practice?" His eyebrows are furrowed whilst he has his hands in his hair above his head. Fuck.

"I don't know... I'm sorta distracted right now." I admit. In all honesty, I am distracted. His hair is messy, the way his white shirt is nearly see-through. His jeans are faded, just as mine always are, and they're such a light blue with tons of rips to the point where you can see the pockets. He has strong legs.

I'm interrupted by my thoughts as Josh speaks, "by what?" He asks as he starts to lean on his elbow towards me.

"Huh?" I say bewildered by his actions as he leans perfectly above me, our bodies inches from connecting.

My breath continues to pick up as he inches closer and closer every few seconds. I witness a strike of white flash in the corner of my eye but I can't focus enough to care until he is only a few centimeters away from my lips when the roar of thunder erupts around us and he suddenly stands up.

a/n
Updated;) as requested