4.7

"Sav-" my mother walks in but soon pauses. "Savannah can you come to talk to me later after josh leaves?"

"Uh... yeah why?" I ask nodding my head vigorously.

"I need to talk to you about something, nothing to worry about, of course, just something very important." She explains before shutting my door and leaving my room.

After about what seems like another hour, Josh gets a phone call from his dad alerting him to come home saying we do indeed have school tomorrow. I hug him at the front door before saying goodbye as he drives off.

After closing and locking the front oak wooden door, I walk into the kitchen to see my mom waiting at the island, sipping a cup of... whatever she's drinking.

She opens her mouth to speak. "So, as you know, you're father is living on his own in a small house complex about 30 minutes away and you will be staying there for the first time Monday and you will be staying there until about a week. He has a room already set up so don't even worry. Then..." she trails off with a worried look.

I nod at her to continue, "then we are going to Australia."

My eyes practically bulge out of their sockets and my jaw drops. "What? Mom do you know how expensive Australia is?"

"Well, I have a job meeting there and I thought we could do your job shadow for school and I know a guy who can get us discounts on our flights." She explains and all I'm left to do is stay shocked.

"Seriously?" I practically scream with excitement. I run across the island counter and into her living arms before exclaiming how excited I am.

Sure, Australia is amazing and it's been my dream to go, but I can't help but wonder for how long, surely it can't be too long right?

"How long?" I question, making her noticeably nervous by the way she is fiddling with her rings.

"Four weeks."

"Four weeks? That basically a whole month!" I practically scream. I mutter a few curse words to myself knowing I would have to miss a whole week of school.

As if on cue, my phone buzzed on the kitchen counter before I picked it up to see who it was from. Josh. I didn't even think about him. I would have to leave him for almost a month.

I sigh, thanking my mother and heading upstairs before replying to the text.

Josh: hey, do you want to go out to dinner with everyone on Friday? Some people might bring a few friends with them too.

I read the text before deciding on a response.

Me: I'd love to, what time?

After a few minutes of scrolling through socials, he replies.

Josh: probably around 6 or so. Dress nice but casual I think that the restaurant is fancy.

I type a quick 'ok' before realizing just how late it was. Nearly 11:30 pm on a school night. I shut off my lights after changing into sweatpants and a sports bra to get a good sleep.

***

Thursday and the school day of Friday pass by like a summer breeze and soon enough it's nearly 4 on Friday.

I'm roaming through my closet, coincidentally finding nothing good enough to wear while not even knowing what restaurant it is.

Me: what do I wear?

Avani: I don't know what do you have?

Me: clothes. Not nice clothes. And I only have mostly summer clothes right now:(

Avani: what an inconvenience it is isn't it?

Me: come over right now.

Not even 15 minutes later do I hear a knock on my front door and open it to reveal an Avani wearing black jeans with a tight red top.

"Hey-" she starts but before she can continue her sentence, I grab her wrist and pull her directly upstairs in a rushing manner.

"Help me find something to wear," I demand and she opens my closet doors while I plop down on my bed in plaid pajama pants and a black sports bra.

"Okay, um, what about these jeans," she suggests, pulling out tight waisted mom jeans before continuing her search. "And this top I brought you? It should be pretty warm in the restaurant so you won't freeze for too long." She explains, handing me this white, tight-fitting tank top with wide straps. Two breast cups were a scrunched up and had a small yarn tied bow in the middle.

I grab both items and went into my bathroom before changing into the surprisingly comfy clothes, saying they fit nicely.

My usual necklace dangles from my neck along with small gold earrings before I walk out to be met with Avani sitting on my bed.

"You look great! I little basic but I think if you wear your regular black high tops it'll make it better." I laugh at her comment but take her up on the idea before we get a call from her boyfriend.

"Hello?" She says, bringing the phone down from her ear and putting it on speaker.

"Hi, uh, are you at Savs?" He asks faint music playing in the background. He must be in the car.

Avani replies with a quick yes before he continues. "Okay well, Josh and I are going to pick you two up around 5:15?" He asks.

"Okay," they exchange 'I love you's' before hanging up the phone and realizing we still have about 45 minutes left until they come.

"Hey, Avani?" I ask, walking back into the bathroom but leaving the door open, looking at my complexion.

"Yeah?"

"Will you do my makeup? Just super light and natural but I feel as though I should put some on." I explain to her and she nods her head vigorously in agreement.

She walks into my bathroom with me as I open the top drawer that holds all the makeup I have ever owned and allowed her to explore her options.

"Okay, I think we should do some concealer and foundation, maybe a tad bit of eyeshadow, eyebrows, and eyelashes." She exclaims, going through her imagination.

She sits me on the toilet seat as she starts applying weird and unknown products to my skin before beating even more liquids to my face, making sure it's all blended in.

She instructs me to close and open my eyes as she applies many layers of mascara and eyeshadow to my eyelids.

There was a moment where she was perfecting my brows and ended up plucking them and trying to get them into a perfect shape.

"Okay, all done." She tells me excitedly. I stand up and look at the mirror, very impressed with how it turned out.

"Holy shit," I say in awe, I take my hair out of its bun and let it fall over my shoulders. "Thank you so much."

I turn to hug her, in which we share the connection for a few seconds before my phone starts ringing from my bedside table.

a/n

Hiiii I know I haven't updated in literally forever but i plan on writing another chapter tonight for this book and I'm also thinking of new book covers so look out for that too🤍