2.2

As I let the boiling water cascade down my petite body, I hear vibrations against the glass toilet. I lean out of the shower to pick up the delicately built phone and check the caller ID. "Josh<3 is trying to FaceTime you".

I smile at the name and realize that he most likely won't be awake if I call him back later. I set my phone on top of a ledge, hopefully not to get drops of water on the screen. I make sure that the camera is no lower than my collar bone and swipe to answer the call.

"Hey Sav- oh, is this a bad time?" He asks, turning away from the camera, probably to laugh.

"No, it's fine, as long as my phone doesn't fall," I snort, wiping away the little droplets on my eyelashes, and taking a handful of shampoo and place the soapy mixture into my textured hair.

"Okay..." he mutters, "why are you showering at almost three in the morning?"

"Because chlorine is... gross," I pause before saying the last part, thinking about what to say.

"Interesting, just don't show me any more tit then you already have." He chuckles, his eyes glistening with lust as he lays in his bed, me in the shower.

"Oh shut up!" He giggles, "the girls are probably so confused as to why I'm talking to people in the shower!"

"Yeah, Anthony is here, but he's a bit distracted by Fortnite." And as soon as those words come out of his mouth, Anthony steals the phone, "hey savanna- why the fuck- are you sending Josh titi pics?" He screams into the phone.

"No!" I squeak, "he FaceTimed me!"

"Oh, I see," he adds a devious smirk on his face as he hands the phone back to Josh.

I start washing out my shampoo, angling my head to the side, not daring to show them my underarms. Boys, so immature sometimes.

Unless they want sex.

"Sorry about that?" He scratches the back of his neck, rolling his eyes at Anthony as he presumingly goes back over to the TV.

"It's fine," I screech. "I should go, goodnight!" I blow him a kiss.

"Goodnight!" He repeats my actions and hangs up the phone. I sigh and finish showering before getting out, drying off, and changing into Nike pros and a loose t-shirt to sleep in. I brush my teeth and face before applying a good amount of skincare to get that "acne-free" face, even though we all know that that won't happen.

I grab all my stuff and walk out of the bathroom, back down the hall, and into Avani's room to see the three remaining girls sitting on either the floor, bed, or bean bag in the corner of her room.

"Let's talk boys!" Charli cheers. "Okay... I have something to admit..." we all signal for her to continue with hand gestures. "I think I like Chase."

I gasp, "you do?"

"I don't know?" She shrugs with an unidentifiable expression.

"What's up with you and Josh?" Avani interjects.

"Well... I don't know, I like him, I guess, and we kinda had a moment." I say thoroughly, thinking it through.

"Well, are you going to tell us or what?" Dixie squeals. "What kind of moment?"

"Well, when I met his parents, we went on the roof and he was about to kiss me until the thunderstorm came and... then he didn't." I sigh, "but, once we got inside he apologized but me being me I told him I didn't mind, and...he actually kissed me." I blush a bright red.

"Oh, my god!" Avani hops off the bed to hug me. "Had you ever been kissed before that?"

"No," I say bluntly, feeling absolutely pathetic at my lack of connection with boys throughout seventeen years.

"You're joking?" Charli snarls, But I shake my head in disagreement. "Even I had been kissed more than once-" she was hilariously interrupted by Dixie throwing a white pillow at her.

"You never told me that!"

"Yeah, whatever,"

"I know Addison has a thing for that one Bryce guy, I can't wait to meet him at friends giving," Avani exclaims, excited clearly.

"Yeah, I hope that all of us can get along if not, it'll be a madhouse." I raise my eyebrows in deep thought about what would happen if we hated him.

"Yeah, how's it going with Ant?" Charli asks Avani as she flushes.

"I think I'm in love with him," she shows puppy eyes, talking in a baby voice. "We've said I love you before but I really love him."

Aw, I was really happy for her, she deserves the world, especially she deserves a guy like him.

We talk for endless hours and before we realize, it's nearly four am. Meaning that I'll totally ruin my sleep schedule.

It was nice not having to be around my parents for a night, in all honesty, I don't know what's going on. "Guys," I start, fiddling with my fingers as they direct their eyes towards me. "I have to tell you something," I suck in a sharp breath. "important" I add.

"What's wrong?" Dixie asks, sincerely concerned.

"I- my parents- they fight a lot..." I can feel my eyes get glossy as I try to continue, failing really. "I'm just happy to be here, and away from them." I start bawling.

"Aw, babes I'm sorry, I know it's scary when your parents get angry at each other." Avani rubs my back as they pity talk me. "Just know, everything will be okay, and when it's not, come to us. Okay?"

I nod, sobbing into my inner elbow, hugging them after.

a/n

I'm doing school at 4:07 am😢👍

Thanks for 800 reads!<3

-E