1.3

The rest of the day was exhausting. When I walked home it was below freezing with the temperature of twenty-eight degrees Fahrenheit, and my sweater didn't do much to keep me warm.

When I arrived home, my parents were nowhere to be seen, I reckon they're still on their shifts. I sigh, taking a slice of cake up to my room and watch Netflix until I get bored of that and decide to read. When I was in middle school, I was obsessed with reading, there wasn't a single second that you'd see me on the laptop or playing video games, and Honestly, I would like to get back into the habit of reading more often. It gives me a fantasy to live in.

I go to my bookshelf in the corner of my room and look for a good book that didn't have more books to it. I know I probably wouldn't be able to read every book if it had a series. I read the backs of books I must have bought years ago to try and remember what they're about and if I'd be interested in them. I select four books and choose from there. The four books I had chosen were: pride and prejudice, pride and prejudice+Zombies, The fault in our stars, and five feet apart. I decide on the zombies one knowing I'll probably like it.

I am lost in my book, wondering how Elizabeth Bennett will make it out of the castle alive as it's being bombarded with tons of non-living creatures, when my phone continues to go off without me noticing until now.

Josh: Sav

Josh: Savannah

Josh: get off Netflix

Josh: and text me back

Josh: please(:(

Josh: I'll spam you

Josh: oh wait

Josh: too late for that

Josh: I already did

Josh: Tehe

Josh: my bad

Josh: oh well

Josh: it won't stop until you answer

Josh: I need to ask you something, kid

Josh: answer

Josh: me

Josh: now

Josh: or else...

Me: or else what...

Josh: you answered!

Josh: she answered!

Me: who else are you talking to????

Me: am I just your side chick?

Josh: you aren't my girlfriend or anything silly

Ouch.

Me: I know.

Josh: anyway... my parents invited you over for dinner. And we can hang out after if you say yes.

Me: sure! How do they know who I am tho?

Josh: i May or may not have told them about you when they asked who I hung out with the yesterday

Me: oh okay I'm down