3.2

Make sure to vote, comment, and share!
-E

-

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he compliments, making me smile. He looks me up and down before suddenly going into an uncomfortable state after looking at Josh.

"Well, we are going to look around a little bit more before we check out," Josh states as we walk away.

I go straight to the clearance wracks full of stylish clothes, most of which I adore, and run my hands along with all the different kinds of fabrics.

I have found a few goods finds after ten minutes that conclude: a navy blue 'Chicago' graphic tee and a cropped lace-trimmed cami.

As I lock the door of the dressing room, I feel butterflies erupt inside me as Josh reminds me to show him what they look like on me before buying it.

I first tried on the cami. It was suited for me, very lightweight and it fit around my torso perfectly. The straps were adjustable and it wasn't as see-through as I thought it'd be.

I open the door ever so lightly making Josh look up at me with a wide grin.

"I think it's cute." I explain to him with a toothy smile, "it makes me look somewhat prettier, I guess."

"I think you look beautiful." He stands up as I stand in front of the small mirror, admiring it. "And you don't have to wear a bra with it," he giggles as I swat him with my hand.

I lock the door again and remove the top and apply the t-shirt.

It was loose-fitting and comfortable, something I could wear with leggings or sweatpants. Hell, something I want to sleep in.

Unlocking the door for the second time, the handle is warmer from my former handle twisting, I step out to come perfectly in contact with Josh.

"Woah there bucko," I warn, stepping away for a moment before regaining my balance. "I like this one, it's comfy," I smile and flap my arms up to show how oversized it was so that it barely showed my stomach when I put my arms up.

"Cute." He stares blankly but clears from his tone that he meant it.

"Why thank you," I spun around before locking myself in the small room.

We go to checkout to have Chris ring up our items and added a 30% off discount along with it, lower it about $20.

As I gave Chris my cash, Josh grabbed the small bag.

I thank Chris after grabbing my receipt and heading out the door with Josh.

As soon as we are out, his finger intertwine with mine, leaving me shocked.

I and Josh weren't a couple or anything so his warming gesture left me dumbfounded. I decided not to bother him about later but it still confused me.

He had been confusing me a lot lately, he does couple-y things with me but yet he still doesn't ask me about it. He even death glares Chris when he called me beautiful.

What an odd man.

We make our way back to the car and put the directions to Avani's house in his phone GPS before driving out of the parking spot.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" He asks as I shuffle through the bag trying to get the bracelet I got for Avani after putting mine on.

"Well, you're her friend too?" I ask, "also apparently everyone is coming and she said we are going to Olive Garden or someplace Italian." I explain to him, stepping out of the car and onto the concrete sidewalk.

"Are you serious? I should've dressed nicer." He sags his shoulders, looking down at his appearance of black ripped jeans, a white t-shirt with white and black and red flannel.

"Well, I think you look very handsome." I compliment him as he unexpectedly plants a quick kiss on my sweetened lips.

I slightly push him away, "s-sorry," I don't know why I pushed him away, it just felt so wrong.

"It's okay," he says as we walk up the steps to the grand house that belongs to Avani and her family.

I ring the doorbell as with the bracelets in my back pocket-

"Hello, how are you? I'm Avani's mom," a nice lady greets and lets us inside the house.

I reach out my hand, "Savannah,"

"Ah, what a beautiful young lady my daughter is friends with." I smile.

"Hello, Josh." She hugs Josh as I watch in awe. She was nice.

"Well I've heard good things about you Savannah, you were one of the girls who slept overcorrect?" I nod. "Well, Avani and everyone are in the kitchen," she leads us inside.

"Hey!" I see Addison run up to me and embrace me in a long-lasting hug.

"Hey, how is your break going so far?" I ask her as we separate.

"It's been great, this is Bryce," a semi-tall man with a bottoms apple popping out of his neck walks over to us, he has short brown hair and he is wearing blue basketball shorts and button-down t-shirt.

"Hello, Savannah right?" his voice was deep, nearly as deep as Josh's.

"Yeah," we shake hands before I branch off to Charli, Dixie, Chase, and Noah.

"Hey," I greet as they wave, going back to their conversation. I ignore it and go find a bathroom.

When I do, I check my phone, seeing a few texts from my parents.

Dad: hey sweetie I might not be home for a while, I'm on a business trip. Love you.

Me: oh okay, love you too.

Why can't my family be perfect as all of my other friends? Why does mine have to fall apart in the hardest year of my life? The year with the most studying and exams which add up enough stress already and now this?

I wish I could enjoy this day as much as I thought I would be. But I guess Mother Nature had other plans.

I don't even notice what I'm doing until I'm scrolling through old photos on my phone of all of us smiling together and I have a tear rolling down my pre-stained cheeks.

The second I think about it, I'm having a full-on breakdown.

I sit on the closed toilet seat, my face resting in my palms as I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Savannah?" The voice is recognizable.

"Y-yeah?" I ask, trying not to sound like I'm crying.

"Can I come in?" Josh asks sorrowfully probably leaning against the door.

"I'm kinda..." I take in a sharp breath, "...busy?"

"Sav," he sighs exhaustingly. "Please?"