2.6

"Do you want me to stay?" Josh asks.

"What?" God damnit, he must've been looking over my shoulder.

"I saw your texts, do you want me to stay here?" How could a man be so straight forward without being scared of rejection?

"Y-you don't h-have to?" I stutter out, causing him to chuckle.

"But what if I want to?" The beans with the excitement of some saying yes.

"S-sure?"

"Great, I'll run back to my house in a little and grab a few things, okay?" He explains and I nod, getting up from our cuddling position and walking into the kitchen.

"I'm going to order pizza," I sigh, picking up the home phone. "What flavor do you want?" I don't even bother asking if he wants any, knowing the answer.

"Pepperoni, please!" He yells as he walks through the front door.

"Wait, Josh!" I shout before the front door is closed. "I have to pick it up! We'll just get your stuff then!"

He nods, walking back in the house as I type in the papa John's phone number and waiting for it to dial. When the kind man picks up the phone I order garlic knots, a large pepperoni pizza, and a large cheese pizza. He calculates my total and tells me when to come to get it and I thank him before the line goes dead.

"I have dessert already if you couldn't tell," I laugh, pointing at the half-eaten cake sitting on the counter under a glass cover. "And I was thinking we could run to target and get other snacks. Have a so-called "girls night"" I laugh along with him as I put air quotes around "girls night"

We sit in silence for approximately ten minutes before getting an alert from the papa John's app alerting me that it's ready.

The drive there was filled with conversations about Tik Tok and the hate and how unreasonable it is. When we get there, Josh forces me to go in, telling me that he can't leave the car running with me as a passenger, only to have my anti-social ness arise. When I give in I walk in and go up to the register, telling the man standing there what I order. He goes into the back and grabs the three boxes handing them to me with a receipt and I thank him.

"That was so embarrassing," I flush as I walk back to the car with the windows now rolled down.

The concrete was still wet from the mid-day storm that came, leaving the sky a gloomy gray.

"You're fine," he scoffs taking the pizza out of my hands so I can buckle my seat belt before taking a hold of it once again and sitting the hot boxes onto my lap. The warmth feels good from being out in the cold air.

We continue our small talk on the way to Josh's house. He doesn't ask questions when I leave the pizzas on the seat and walk through the front door with him. My first instinct is to find his mother and reunite with her. His mother was the sweetest.

"Why hello Savannah!" She greets, setting her dishes down and coming to hug me.

"Aw, hi!" I return her interaction as she rubs her hands on the side of my arms.

"Does your family eat pie?" She asks causing me to be taken aback by her odd question. "I made one too many,  but no one wants them, they say that they will only eat pie on thanksgiving day but they might be bad by then."

"Oh, yes, thank you!" I giggle, "they are strange aren't they?"

She nods in agreement, Walking over to the fridge and retrieving a freshly baked pumpkin pie and handing the foil-wrapped object in my hands, I wrap one arm around her with a thank you before waiting for my the stairs for Josh.

When he comes down, he has a black backpack wrapped around his shoulder. "I see my mom gave you pie?"

"Yup! Let's go," he nods, I put all our non-eaten food in the back seat before driving off to the grocery store.

"Target Madame," he says, rolling the 'g' in a French accent as we pull up to the local store all high schoolers go-to for the weekend.

I smile, stepping out of the car as we stride through the automatic doors. "Where to first?"

"Snacks?" He exclaims in a duh tone. I follow his tall figure to the isle with cookies and get chewy chips ahoy and mint Oreos. Sounds gross but they're too good not to get. I grab a fruit punch caprisun box while he grabs a large bottle of Mountain Dew, placing it into the red cart along with everything else.

"We should take pictures while we are here," he comments making me stare at him.

"Are you joking? Do you see how I'm dressed?"

"Oh please, like booty shorts have ever stopped you before." He retorts with a snort. I shrug setting up the phone against a gushers box and putting it on a ten-second timer mode. During those ten seconds, I hop inside the cart with my feet crossed, resting on the end of the cart. Josh stands behind the cart, posing in whatever pose he desires at the picture is taken multiple times.

We repeat the timer, this time, I push the cart out of the way and jump on Josh's back, straddling my legs around to his front, holding one hand up in a peace sign, the other wrapped around his neck. Josh does that usual Tik Tok K9 showing mouth pose as the picture is taken again.

The last time we set the timer, Josh quickly tells me he wants to dip me, I gladly agree. His right arm wraps around my back, his left hand holding my left ankle, making me tip upside down with my legs in a split line.

I grab onto his shirt, thinking he was going to drop me as he has a concerned look on his face when the photo is taken. These photos are definitely Instagram worthy. We take one more, trying the dip again, without me looking like a child seeing their parents get hurt.

I lean against the cart as I send the photos to josh, asking him which ones he wants to post. He says he'll post the first two leaving me with the last two. I agree and post the two on my Instagram with him tagged and a caption of "late night target run" especially saying it was nearly 9:30.

We pay for all our items, splitting them and checking out separately, before walking out back to the car and placing everything in the backseat.

a/n

Okay well that's major fucking tea.

Rest In Peace Corey La Barrie💕💔🔗

-E