Part 125

"There is still something I don't understand. Why exactly did Yato 'absorb' your chakra. Couldn't it of worked fine if he simply just worked with you?" Raiu asked rubbing the bridge of his nose. 

"And that's a question coming from a guy that never accepted my help" 
"That was because you were trying to take over my body then. Now is different" 
Dai let out a small chuckle as he looked at the frustrated and confused Raiu. 

"Like father like son. You both don't trust me and Yato was the one who took initiative. He kicked me right out the second he got the chance and sealed me inside this teddy bear. Seriously couldn't he have gotten something better? Like a lion oh oh or maybe a tiger or or mayb-" Dai quickly stopped once he saw Raiu's cold glare. 

"Well you see since Yato took my chakra for himself his body is basically constantly fighting against it like a virus. The good thing is without me, he has no limitation to how much of my chakra he can use. The bad thing is...he has no limitation. Don't get me wrong here but before Yato got my chakra he was strong but now he is unstoppable....I just wonder how long it will last" 

"What are you saying, is there some sort of expiration date?" 
"Sorta...When his body gives out on him which shouldn't be for a couple more years....maybe" 
There was silence in the room after that as Raiu contemplated about what was just said until the door suddenly opened revealing Kakashi. "The Kazekage has been rescued my lord and we escorted him back to the hidden sand village" 

"And what about the tailed beast inside him? Was Mr one tails saved?" Dai asked a slightly teasing tone in his voice. 

"No....the akatsuki was able to extract the one tails before we got to him. I placed everything about the mission in my report." 

"Good work Kakashi. Take the next few day's off, you look terrible" 
"Thank you my lord" Kakashi said before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. 

"Did he just thank you for telling him he looks terrible?" Dai asked after a brief pause. "Don't think too much into it. Oh now that I think about it, It's time for you to get back to Yato, you've annoyed me long enough" Raiu said grabbing Dai across the face while walking to the window. 

"Hold on Raiu think about this." Dai said but his voice was muffled. "Say hi to the boy for me" Raiu said throwing the poor bear out the window at breakneck speeds. 

-------

Somewhere on the outskirts of the village. "You seem tired" Karin said noticing the boy as he nearly instantly fell asleep as soon as he went to lay against a tree. "I'm running on fumes right now. And this cold hard ground feels so comfortable" 

"You know you have an apartment in the village right?" 
"Oh yeah speaking of that place...I should burn it down some time" 
"YATO!" Karin said loudly causing the boy to let out a small chuckle. 

.

.

"You know if you really don't want to stay out here then I can ask meatball up there if he has a place for you to stay" Yato said opening one eye to look at Karin. Her face got a red hue at Yato's words. 

"N-N-No th-this is fine" 

.

"So what are the two love birds up to?" A voice asked from above. 

The two slowly looked up and saw Dai stuck inside one of the branches. "How long have you been there?" Yato asked wondering how he got there in the first place. 

"Eh about an hour or so...you think you can get me down?" 

"...No..."