Part 19

"Sasuke, I'm at point D" 
"Sakura, I'm at point B" 
.
.
.
"Naruto, I'm at point A" 

"Your slow Naruto, where is Yato?" Kakashi asked over the radio. Team seven has been on a few  D rank missions by now but there is still much room to grow. 

"Yato, I'm at point dango shop" The boy said with the sound of food being chewed in the background. "Yato, you were suppose to go to point C!" Kakashi said with slight anger but he was somehow getting use to this. 

"What? You guys need my help to catch a cat? I believe you guys can handle that"  
"*sigh* Fine. What is your distance from the target?" 

"3 meters" Everyone said, surrounding the tiny cat. "All right, on my command....go" 

The three genin jumped for the cat but the one who caught it was Naruto. Instantly the thing started scratching Naruto's face. "Identify, is this Toga the cat?" 

"Yes the red ribbon is on it's ear. This is Toga." Sasuke said over the radio. "All right team seven head back, I'll go fetch your team mate. "Wait fetch me? I think I can walk there on my own" Yato said, munching on another dango stick. 

Kakashi cracked his knuckles as he disappeared into a cloud of dust. Literally a minute later, he was standing in the door of the dango shop. 

Yato dropped a handful of coins before shooting out the other door with Kakashi following close behind. "It's only dango!"

----------

After a few minute's, Kakashi finally came into a large room where ninja's usually receive there missions. Yato's collar was held tightly in his hand as he was pulled into the room, knocked out. "Sorry we're late" Kakashi said as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "Why did you knock out Yato-kun?" Sakura asked. 

"Oh, he was running away from me but did not see that he was about to run into the Hokage mountain." Kakashi said with a sigh. The Hokage chuckled a bit before continuing. 

"All right the next mission is, help paint a fence, babysit the re-" Naruto suddenly interrupted the Hokage by shouting no with his hands forming a X. 

"No! I want to go on a real mission. Something challenging and exciting! Not this little kid stuff! 

"How dare you talk to the Hokage like that! Your just a brand new genin with no experience! Like everyone else you start off with simple missions to improve your skills!" Iruka shouted. 

"Are you serious! Babysitting is not it mission it's a stu-" Naruto was quickly stopped by a simply knock on the head thanks to Kakashi. 

"Will you put a lid on it? Your giving me a headache" 

"Naruto it seems as though you don't understand how this works. Many different requests come into this village and when decided on how difficult it is, we give it a ranking. D is the easyest and pay's the least amount. Then you go to c all the way up to S which continues to S+ or S++. With the rank of genin you can only take on D rank missions and very rarely take on C rank." After this everyone stopped listening to the Hokage's words and focused on Naruto as he was deciding which type of Ramen he should have for dinner. 

"Silence!" The Hokage said loudly, interrupting Naruto. 

"Oh sorry" 
"Gah! You always treat me like your my grand father or something, well i'm not the little kid who pulled pranks any more! I am a ninja now and I want a ninja mission! " Naruto shouted before turning his back on the Hokage. His face went into a pout immediately after. 

"So Naruto wants us to know he is no longer a brat but a former brat? Well lets humor him. Ill be giving you a C rank mission. You'll be body guards on a journy to the land of waves." 

"Really!?! Yess!! Who are we taking!?!? A futal lord? A princess?" 

"Send him in" The Hokage said when the room suddenly filled with the strong stench of sake, forcing Yato to wake up from it and pinch his nose immediately. 

"who the hell smells like they did not bath for a week" Yato said as he looked over the room, noticing the Hokage and a few other people. A old man walked in through the door. 

"what the? A bunch of little snot nose brats? And you the little one with the dump look on his face, you really want me to think your a ninja?" The man said as he took another gulp of his sake. A red hue was on his face indicating he has been drinking none stop.

Team seven lined up to see who was the shortest. It went Naruto, Sakura, Yato, Sasuke. Sasuke being the tallest of the lot, only a few cm above Yato. 

"I'll demolish you!!" Naruto yelled as he ran at the man but was luckily stopped by Kakashi as he grabbed the boy's collar. "You can't demolish our client Naruto. It does not work that way."

"Can we at least throw him into a bathhouse before hand? And what are we suppose to do anyway?" Yato asked, still holding his nose closed. "We have to escort him to the land of waves" Sasuke said softly. 

"My name is Tazuna, I'm a bridge builder from the land of waves. I expect you to protect me with your lives until my bridge is complete." The man said before taking another gulp of Sake. 

"Ok team seven, meet at gate 3 in about an hour. When we are all there, we depart of the land of waves. This will be a week or so trip so pack enough weapons since we cant restock." Kakashi said as his team nodded before rushing out the room. 

----------------------

"Lord hokage, are you sure we could send both those jinchuriki out the village? What if they get killed?" The Hokage's advisory asked out of pure concern. 

"Not many people know of Naruto and what he holds and Yato on the other hand, he can take care of himself. Plus Kakashi is there, have you forgotten already? He was in the anbu black ops for years before becoming a jonin. " 

"I guess your right my lord, but I cant help but be concerned." 

--------------------------

Link to patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=30415068

Link to Discord
https://discord.gg/U2yVkYe

--------------------------

Discord members
1#
Snowflake Urahara