Part 29

After Yato had about a day's rest, he was immediately placed in charge of taking care of Tazuna as he continues to build the bridge. Sakura was the only person with him which made the whole experience more annoying. 

Kakashi's wounds are nearly fully healed but Tsunami would not allow him to get out of bed again until he is fully restored. "Hay Y-Yato-kun, wait up" Sakura said as she ran from across the bridge. Yato was simply patrolling the area, making sure nothing was happening. 

"What is it Sakura?" Yato asked with slight annoyance, this is the 12th time Sakura has stopped him patrolling so that she could talk to him. "Wanna have lunch together?" Sakura said holding up her lunch towards him. She had this large smile across her face. "Once again Sakura, I have had my lunch over an hour ago, if you want a break just go take it" Yato said before jumping up onto one of the large piles of wooden pillars. 

After his success at being able to walk on water, he has been training while securing Tazuna. Each time he goes and walks on the underside of the bridge just so he can perfect it. 

Yato looked over the area when he saw Tazuna calling him closer. The boy quickly jumped down, landing in front of him. "We are done for the day, Tsunami begged me to have us make a big meal for you guy's so I wanted to ask if you will accompany me to the market, its not far from here?" Tazuna asked, the man has really grown a liking to the group. 

"Yeah that should be fine, Sakura. Go back home and tell Kakashi that I'll be taking Tazuna to the market" Yato said, not even looking at the girl. "B-But can't I come with you?" Sakura asked as she tries to grab Yato's hand. "It's not that much plus I would appreciate it if you protected Tsunami and Inari." Tazuna said, saving the day for Yato. 

"Oh- ok then" Sakura said, slightly saddened. "I'm counting on you Sakura-chan" Yato said, giving the girl a side glance. Instantly she lit up like a fire cracker "You can count on me Yato-kun!!!" Sakura yelled as she took off at a greater speed than Yato could ever achieve. 

-----------
Tazuna and Yato walked through the market place, grabbing lots of things. From fishes all the way to fruits. "This is quite a big market for a place so small" Yato said as he carried bags of food in his arms. "Too bad most of this will go rotten" 

"You see, that is why I need to finish the bridge. People here are suffering from Gato's unbelievable prices. And all we can do is have these unofficial market places where we support each other. Such is the life in the land of waves. we are a country that has no particular wealth or outstanding ninja's so we fall into the back burner of the world, many don't even know this country exists. This country can not provide most of the food on there own, so with Gato's boat's he send food and other items into our country and sells it at dubble the price" 

"He sounds like a real tyrant" Yato said. "Haha you got that right kid. We should probably get moving back now, we have everything Tsunami asked for." 

"So you say you don't have any powerful ninja's?" 

"Well we use to, but that was a long long time ago. There use to be a clan who wielded ice. The clan was extremely powerful but this country's people saw them as a threat and eliminated them" Tazuna said, it was clear that he was not happy about that past event. 

-------------

Everyone sat at Tazuna's dinner table, well everyone except Naruto and Sasuke, those two were both still training but Kakashi commanded them that they should come for dinner. 

The table was silent until the door suddenly went open, letting in a cold draft. Naruto had is arm around Sasuke's shoulder as the Uchiha helped him walk home. "We did it Kakashi sensei, we climed up to the highest tree" Naruto said with a smile on his face. The boy's clothe's were torn to shreds and scratches covered there whole body. 

"Great, starting tomorrow you will both be body guards for Tazuna. Now come and sit, we saved you two seats" Kakashi said pointing over to the two chairs next to Yato. "YAHOO!" Naruto shouted as he tried to run and grab the seat next to Yato but only failed as he fell over, taking Sasuke with him. "AH You are such a loser" Sasuke said as he landed on the ground with Naruto. 

Yato could not help himself, he laughed hard at this with everyone else joining in. 

Soon, the two sat down at the table. Naruto scored the seat next to Yato. 

Tsunami prepared an amazing meal for the group, Sasuke and Sakura have both gone to bed while Naruto was left, passed out on the table with Yato trying to wake him up by placing chopsticks in his nose. 

"So do you think Zabuza will come back?" Tazuna asked as he picked up some dishes. "The probability is there and if his documents are correct, he has never failed a mission to kill someone" Kakashi said in a serious tone.

Inari suddenly stood up, slamming his hands onto the table. "All your stupid training is just a waist of time, no one will be able to defeat Gato! No one! Gato has a massive army, he will beat you all down with in seconds. The strong always win and weak always loose" Inari shouted, his eyes were red with tears already. 

"Speak for yourself kid, that won't be me" Yato said, stuffing more chop sticks into Naruto's nose. 

"You all are always laughing and playing around! You never stand a chance! You all don't know what it feels like to suffer and be treated like dirt do you!" 

Suddenly Naruto bawled his nose, destroying all Yato's hard work. "Listen to all your wining and complaining like some sorry old victim." Naruto said with a dark aura shrouding the room. 

"You should not judge a person before you know them kid" Yato said, snapping the chop stick in his hand. He remembers back when he was Inari's age, how the clan treated him and the only person there who was his light was Sasuke and Itachi but even they were stripped away at times. 

"Wither away all day if you want, but in my eye's your just a coward" Naruto said, glaring at the kid. The boy instantly ran out the house, bawling his eyes out. 

"Brat" Yato said as he stood up and walked to the stairs. "Thanks for the food" he said before disappearing to the bedroom.

--------------------------

Link to patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=30415068

Link to Discord
https://discord.gg/U2yVkYe

--------------------------