if it was my last breath.

i breathed my last breath & let my eyes shut tight. i felt my blood rushing and my heart beating intensely. i felt my mind shutting down and worrying about it all. until i hit a certain moment. a moment with the most amazing peace anyone could ever imagine. and my heart was slowing down. and my thoughts weren't crashing waves, they were laughters on the beach. and my hands released the tension they held. and my soul danced its way into the garden of my memories. cold did take over my body, but my mind felt warmth. as the world around me was closing, i felt so much peace. my lungs were indeed on fire, but the flames were put out by the gust of harmony that spread, the cold that took over. and i realized why cold took over. my blood needed to bathe the fire in my lungs, so it turned cold. and then my heart wasn't beating. my mind wasn't thinking. i was eternally sleeping. & i hoped that my soul was still dancing. & my memories were still floating in the heads of everyone i ever loved. and it was all darkness. that's all i can say to explain it. darkness wasn't such a bad thing, but it was just abyss. nothingness. blackness. and yet, despite it all, my heart was still at peace. i could feel it.