Chapter 79

Before this chapter starts, I just want to let you know that I am so stressed with school right now. My grades suck, I might have my first ever C in a class and I'm not mentally prepared for that when I've only gotten a B once. It's all insane and I find myself crying way too often just because of anxiety and stress.

So I will not be able to update as frequently as I would like to, but when I find time I will try my best.

Sorry, just wanted to let you know. I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone too deeply.

I still love you so much, but it's hard juggling school by its self, and this story is just another ball to add and I can't handle that.

Songs of Inspiration:

21 Guns - Green Day

Battle Scars - Lupe Fiasco

Little Bird - Ed Sheeran

Allyson's POV

TWO WEEKS LATER

"Here's the last song of the night with me on the air! Thanks for listening...this is Allyson Parker and you're listening to Boston's hottest radio station! Have a great night,"

I tap the song to play and then relax into my seat with the biggest smile smeared on my face.

"You've become quite a natural Parker," TJ smirks at me, nudging my arm.

"I guess so,"

"It's better than working in that tiny ass office all day. Well, I'll see you tomorrow," he nods to me and I say my own goodbyes to him and Devon before gathering my belongings and heading to the elevator.

Once the lift reaches the bottom floor, I exit the lobby out to the frigid New England air.

Thankfully due to my recent promotion to being a radio host, I received a little raise that helped pay for this new jacket I bought. It really makes walking home at night more tolerable, since my last coat let the wind right through it.

I take out my phone and check my recent messages, and no surprise they are from the same old people; Kevin, Morgan, Jordan and Niall.

Morgan is just informing me more about this new co worker that she finds fashionably attractive, and Jordan is asking, well, more telling me that he is coming over with pizza and wings for the Bruins game later. It's the playoffs, I don't expect anything less from him.

Kevin is just checking in per usual, the same thing he messages me after work...everyday. It's thoughtful, and sincere that he is concerned with my well being, but honestly, it gets boring. He gets boring. He isn't Niall, and never will be. He isn't as exciting, isn't as funny. He doesn't have that little quirk to his personality, it's just rather bland.

Yet, Niall's message is yet another colloquial response to our previous conversation.

Instead of texting back, I dial his number.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Hello," he says so simply.

"Hello," I repeat his introduction.

"How are you?" he asks.

"Just walking back home from work, so I'm fine. How are you?"

"Just hanging at Harry's, so I'm fine too,"

The line is silent as I continue my walk down the conversation.

Every time we talk now a days it's so restricted. As if neither of us want to say anything we don't think the other will want to talk about. Neither wants to be intrusive. I don't even know what to talk about, what do exes even talk about?