Chapter 33

/// this should be a special chapter because it's my volleyball number, and Zdeno Chara's too! (Boston Bruins player haha) hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment and all that fun stuff (: ///

With our hands still locked together, I turn on my phone this time and see a few missed messages from Kevin.

*i had a fun time tonight. maybe next time it can just be us ;)*

My face heats up at his text, especially considering that I am currently holding hands with a different boy.

Then I read the message sent this morning.

*hey why wont u pick up? did i do something?*

I decide to respond back, just so he doesn't think I'm blowing him off.

*hey, sorry i missed your calls. its been crazy. we can catch up later.*

And with that I shut off my phone and slide it next to my left side, then letting out a sigh.

"Everything all right?" Niall asks, tracing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Yeah, besides the fact that I got in a car accident in the middle of the night and currently look like I just got into a brawl with a professional fighter and lost terribly," I sigh.

"Actually, you got in a car accident in the morning," he teases.

"Oh shut up," he laughs and I can't help but do the same.

"Do you want your food?"

I almost forgot about the breakfast the pathetic nurse brought me in just momentarily.

"Not really, but I guess I should eat since I need to take these pills," I tell him as he takes his hand out of mine and places the tray on my lap.

I observe it, poking my plastic fork on the golden waffles. They look like Eggo, so I'm not too scared. But it isn't very settling to be eating out of a facility that also cares with ill people. Very unappetizing.

I decide to take a bite, and after I chew it I realize how hungry I really am, before scaring the whole thing down. Then also finishing orange juice and taking on my apple.

"Well that was fast," Niall laughs.

"I was hungry," I said, still eating my apple.

"I can tell."

I eat the apple to the core, and then place my tray next to my bed for the nurse to come clean it up. That's one perk of being in a hospital-not having to clean up after yourself.

"So where's Morgan?" I ask him, hoping that she left with Harry. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to stay just for my need. I already feel terrible for Niall being here all this time.

"I got a text from Harry that they went to-oh what was it...I think some coffee place that Boston has a lot of. All I know is he was really excited to go. But they are coming back after they pick up their stuff. They left right around when the nurse came in," he tells me and I nod.

"You can tell him he doesn't have to come back after. They can go back to my apartment or whatever."

"Allyson, even if I did, they will come back anyways. Why do you always think no one cares about you?" he asks, eyes drooping.

"I just don't want to be pitied, that's all," I mumble.

"I care about you Al. We all do. It's not out of pity, it's out of affection."

I try to smile to show him I understand, but I don't. I don't know why they want to stay. But I know it's definitely not because they actually care. Everything is always a charity act with me. Everyone pities me over everything, ever since Timmy died.