Chapter 21

"I can't believe we are already packing up," Harry pouts, as he folds up the tent. I assigned everyone tasks to hurry up and get everything organized, because I don't want to get stuck in traffic.

But I am also starting to regret it, because I assume I will be dropping the boys off at their hotel after this. And this will probably be the last time I see them. I mean, they are members of the world's biggest boyband, according to Wikipedia. People as famous as they are don't associate with young and broke girls like me with no stable future set ahead for them. They are meant to be successful, not like me.

"I say we head out for icecream, what do you think Al?" Niall asks, and my stomach flutters.

"You guys actually want to be around us?" I question, gesturing to Morgan.

"Uh yeah, why wouldn't we?" Niall snorts.

"We don't have anything better to do anyways," Harry admits.

I guide everyone back towards my car and open the hatch, helping the other three place everything inside.

"Don't you have like songs to sing and girls to seduce?" Morgan smirks, elbowing Harry.

"Yeah, her name's Morgan," Harry says and Morgan's face blushes as she opens the car door, and I'm surprised when it's not shot gun, but then I realize Niall has already claimed it.

"Alex Morgan," he confirms and Morgan's smile drops as she shoves him into the car. I can't help but smile at his teasing, but I bet Morgan is anything but happy. She hates when guys play hard to get, especially since that's always been her role.

I start up the car, but don't pull out just yet. I want to clarify where we are going, and whether or not Niall and Harry are tagging along.

"Where's your hotel?" I turn to ask Harry, since Niall didn't know last time.

"So I guess no icecream?" Niall butts in.

"Well, I mean, I don't want you guys to feel like you have to hang out with us," I say shyly, pivoting back to face the wheel again.

The butterflies in my gut dance the moment Niall places his hand on my thigh "Allyson. Stop saying that, I want to be with you. Do I have to remind you again that I made multiple calls to try and find you after the night at the bar? Because I did, and don't regret a second of it."

My heart spills out of my chest and I can't find the words to reply to that, so I just back out of the parking spot.

"There's a Ben and Jerry's just up the street from here," I say and Niall sighs, taking his hand off. I feel cold the minute he does so, like the center of happiness and warmth vanished. Did he want me to respond to what he said? How was I supposed to? I've never been good with my words, I always manage to say things I don't actually mean. And I don't want to screw up whatever we have just because of my stupidity.

If we even have anything.

After driving for two seconds I immediately hit my brakes causing a curse to slip out of my mouth. I roll down my window and flip off the guy in front of me.

"MORON!" I scream out the window, and slam my hand against the horn, then smacking the top of the wheel.

Niall and Harry instantly double over in laughter and my face flushes with embarassment. "I can't believe I just did that," I mumble into my hands that cover my face.

"And to the left you see a prime example of a Boston driver. Very common in the city, very angry when behind the wheel," Morgan mimicks the voice of a tourist and I shoot her a glare.