Chapter 7

"I am so full Allyson," Niall said, holding his stomach. I laughed.

"That's your own fault, you wouldn't stop ordering food. I warned you, and don't deny it."

He moaned and fell back into the back of the stool.

"I don't feel good Allyson," he whined.

I turned and filled a glass of water.

"Here, drink this. It'll pass, I promise," I handed him the drink and he slurped half of it down in a second.

I lifted my wrist and checked my watch. It was five of eleven, when I get out.

I took the dirty dishes around Niall and head out to the kitchen. Once they were away in the dishwasher, I went off to find Shirley.

"Those are NOT sausages! Do those look like sausages to you? Get back to work Brian!" Shirley screamed, but my expression didn't change, and neither did Brian's. Everyone was used to her madness.

She let out a huff and turned around to me.

"What in God's name do you want Alex?" she said, clearly annoyed, enough to forget my name.

"Um sorry to bother you Shirley, but I just wanted to let you know my shift is over and I'm gonna head out if that's okay..." I trailed off, pleading to her.

"Did you finish everyone's orders at the bar?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Yes," I answered.

"Plates and such in dishwasher?"

"Yes."

"Money put in cashier?"

"Yes."

"Bar cleaned off?"

"Yes."

"Customers happy?"

"Yes."

She sighed, looking around, thinking of anything else to keep my longer.

"Alright, you're free to go."

"Thank you!" I replied and ripped off my royal blue waitress apron and hanging it on my hook next to Donovan's, whose was empty. Ha, he still has to work longer.

I nearly sprinted to the bar to Niall, who was still clutching onto his stomach.

"Still ready to head out?" I asked, hopeful that he wasn't too sick to not follow through with our plans.

He swiveled the chair to look at me, still wearing his sunglasses and hood.

"Of course! By any chance do you have anything to heal a sick belly?" he asked with a frown.

I doubled over, laughing at the way his voice sounded saying 'belly'.

"No, sorry. I'm not sure if there's even a thing for that."

He groaned and got off the stool.

"Well, I bet a bit of fun will heal it. Where to?" he asked, holding his arm out for me to hook mine onto. I did so, with my cheeks blushing from the small gesture.

"Doesn't matter to me," I said.

"Okay then let's just, how do you say it here? Wing it?" he asked, turning to me.

I nodded, and we made our way towards the door.

He jogged ahead of me before reaching the door, and swung it open.

"My lady," he said, ushering me outside.

My cheeks reddened, and I swiftly made my way outside. Niall rehooked his arm around mine again, and led me down the busy Boston street.

"So are you feeling a movie, a walk through the park, trip to Japan, adventure t'rough a rainforest, African safari..." he trailed off and I playfully punched him.

"Ow!" he said with a half pout, since he couldn't hold back his laughter.

"You're fine ya big baby," I said. "And I'm feelin' a trip to Hawaii, I dunno about you but I could use that."

"So a movie it is!" he said and looked ahead and across the street for any signs of where to see one.

"Sounds good to me, and we have a few blocks to the nearest theater."

He nodded in response, and we continued to make our way up the street, as people passed paying no attention to us. I bet this feels weird for Niall, since he must always get all kinds of attention.

Or does he?

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have millions of fans all over the world who love you completely.

I can barely even imagine the thought, since I can hardly count a few people who care the least bit about me.

"What kinds of films are out right now?" Niall asked. Then I realized I didn't bring my wallet to work and didn't recieve nearly enough tips to cover the ridiculous movie theater prices.

"You know what? I don't think there are any movies out right now I wanna see. Let's hit the park instead."

Niall shrugged. "Whatever pleases you, and I know of a really nice area we can go," he said, with a grin growing across his face.

"Is that so?" I said with a giggle.

"Louis found a place to play football late at night near the hotel when barely anyone is out and about. It's loads of fun with only the lights in the park, and a few from the buildings. Harry comes sometimes, too."

I tried to match the names with the pictures from the websites I looked at yesterday, and remembered that Niall mentioned a Louis while the news report was playing at the diner.

"But the rest of the mates don't really care for getting up so late. Zayn likes his sleep, too. And Liam likes to talk to his girlfriend."

I write a note mentally in my mind to search the names of the boys so I can at least picture them.

"And there's this little pond that a load of ducks are in, it's kinda funny."

"Oh so we are going to the common?" I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Does the common have a pond with ducks?" he asked.

"Yes, it's called the Duck Pond, and you can actually ride on boats on Duck Tours."

His face lit up, "Can we do that?"

The smile on my face widened and I giggled. "Sure."

"Yes!" he cheered, a bit loadly making some heads turn, but he thought nothing of it.

"But you can't take any of the ducks home, Niall."

His smile dropped, "I wasn't going to, Allyson. Why would you think I would even want a duck?" he defended himself.

I laughed. "Don't deny you wanted to."

He didn't respond, which answered it clearly.

"Fine, I'll just take a picture with them."