Chapter 48

/// I've been getting so much support for this story lately! Thank you so much for that! I love reading all of your comments and I love when you guys post on instagram showing how much you love Niall and Allyson (: Enjoy the chapter! x ///

It's been a week since I kissed Niall...or should I say, he kissed me.

Ever since then my lips have been longing for the touch of his and the warm sensation they brought. 

My concussion has been recovering, and in Dr. Jammeson's own words, "remarkably fast". He said it's unheard of someone to go through two traumatic events, and feel so much better within a few days. He also said he doesn't know what is causing the antidote to this speedy healing process, but I have a pretty good idea what, or rather who, is doing it.

I was discharged from the hospital and came home the morning after that miraculous day, and since then Niall has slept on the couch, since I am still supposed to be on crutches, due to my slightly fractured ankle, which became more inflamed after I ran out of my room, and the only thing that stopped all of that pain in the moment was pure adrenaline.

He has kept me company and even though I slept for the first few days pretty much for the length of them, he remained by my side. When I started to feel better, which happened rapidly, we would play simple board games, and he would tell me stories to take my mind off of my headaches.

I wasn't able to go to the Farmer's Market this week, which is kind of a disappointment because next week is the last one before the season is over. 

Tonight is the first night I have gone beyond the walls of my apartment since coming home from the hospital, so Niall and I are spending it at the common, by the duck pond where we spent one of our first few days knowing each other.

It's dark now, and the evening skies are glistening while the air is a bit chilly, but nothing too bad that a warm coat and gloves couldn't take care of.

"How's your head?" Niall asks, as we walk the perimeter of the calm body of water.

"Actually, hasn't bothered me for over three hours so I think that's a real improvement," I answer him, but he doesn't seem to be as proud as he usual is when I tell him I am feeling better.

Before we left, he was fussy in wearing warm clothes, but I ended up forcing him not only to wear his black trench coat, but also my yellow gloves and cashmere scarf. To my own surprise, he looks rather fashionable.

"Are you cold?" he asks, looking straight in front of us.

"I'm fine," I tell him, honestly. I have lived in Boston my whole life, I know how to deal with the fickle weather.

In the middle of the pond, there are two swans, swimming towards each other. One ducks it's head into the water, and the other just looks around, waiting for the other to come back up. When it does, they meet in the middle, moving around each other in circles. This small movement sends ripples throughout the entire pond, and it's rather beautiful. Then, they come together, wrapping their necks around one another and it's remarkable. 

"I've never seen a swan before," Niall says, and I realize we are both watching the two birds.

"Really?"

"Yeah, well no. I mean, not this close. Just in pictures and like far away."

I never took to consideration that there are people that have never seen the beauty of these elegant creatures. I never realized how lucky I was that I can come down to this quaint pond and watch them all night, if I really wanted too.