Chapter 53

/// I just wanna say thank you thank you thank you to all of you amazingly active readers! This weekend I don't know how often I will be able to update, because I have homecoming tomorrow night and Sunday I have to do this weird medical testing thing so I don't know if I will be up to it, but I will try to squeeze in time! Also, over the holidays I probably won't be able to update. 

But don't worry, I'll only leave you in a little bit of suspense (; 

Thanks for reading! 

But before then, comment your favorite Nallyson moment so far (:

Mine was definitely Niall's big speech at the hospital x//

The front door swings open after I unlock it with my key, and I step through the doorway as Jordan remains outside. I wave him to follow me through, and he is hesitant but eventually walks through and closes the door behind me as I pile my purse and keys onto the table by the stairs.

"How was the job interview?" Morgan shouts and I locate her in the kitchen.

"It sucked," I shout back, glancing over at Jordan who now stands timidly behind me.

"Are you going to apply anywhere else?" she shouts and I hear her footsteps crossing the living rooms towards us.

"Um no but-" I hear the sound of glass crashing against the floor and cringe as I turn to face Morgan standing over a shattered wine glass, with the liquid spilled around it.

Her expression is filled with too many mixed emotions, I can't decipher which is boldest. Anger? Shock? Is she upset? 

They were always pretty good friends. Actually, really good. More so when we grew older, but even as kids it was mostly the four of us when not just Timmy, Jordan and I.

Turning back to Jordan, his face reveals a look like a scared little puppy, as he stands in his plain t-shirt and khakis, because he left his Dunkin Donuts apron in the car. But that would have probably made the situation ten times better, for my part at least. Maybe no theirs.

"Well, I would introduce you guys but you already know each other," I say when neither of them speak up.

"Hey M," he attempts to smile charmingly, but she doesn't buy it. He doesn't seem too phased, he probably expected it knowing her temper.

"Why are you here?" she snarls.

"Same reason you are," he responds, which I don't completely understand. They are not here for the same reason. Morgan's here because she lives here, but whatever. I'm not going to get myself involved in the tactics and reasonings in the mind of Jordan.

Morgan only licks her red lips slowly, and it's intimidating to say the least. But I'm used to it, I've been stuck with this chick for years.

"Why is he here Allyson?" she turns her attention to me this time.

"I drove her home and she invited me inside," Jordan answers for me.

"Is your name Allyson?" Morgan snaps.

"Is your name Little Miss Attitude?" I can't help but chuckle at the remark, but then cough to hide it. She's my best friend after all, and has been there when Jordan hasn't. I will stand by her before him.

Chicks before dicks, after all.

"Say one more little comment like that and I will personally escort you out of my living quarters," she puts her hands on her hips and steps over the mess that still lays on the floor. I decide to slowly shuffle towards the kitchen so I grab paper towels to clean up before the wine stains the floor, but don't want to just run away from this confrontation in case it gets ugly.