Chapter 11

The September skies are of pinks, oranges and yellows swirled around, with the sun no where to be seen. Fall is probably my favorite season, just because of the beautiful nights. It is only the beginning of the month, so I have many evenings to enjoy the scene, but I still take in each moment like it is the last. Because hey, you never know when it will be your final.

Timmy never knew his end would come so fast.

"This is truly breath taking," Niall sighs, staring up at the colors that spread across.

We are back in the common area, just walking around. Leaves are already starting to fall of the trees, and the crisp air is fresh but also chilly.

Goosebumps rise on my arms, so I cross them to use my own body heat. I didn't plan on staying out so late when I got ready for work this morning. All I put on was my usual work outfit of white pants and black shirt.

Niall glances down at me, since he has a few inches over my short height. He starts to take off his sweatshirt and I am confused at how could he be hot in this temperature? But then it hits me.

"Niall no, you don't have to, it was my own fault for not bringing my own jacket," I assure him but he silences me by handing the sweatshirt over.

"Don't worry about it sweets," he says and I contemplate giving it back, but sigh instead and slipped it over my head.

The bottom hem rests mid thigh, and the sleeves have a few inches off of my finger tips. The scent of his cologne wafts off of it and I take it all in, wanting to smell his scent for as long as I can.

"Thank you," I mutter, playing with the long sleeves as we continue to walk down the quiet paths in the park. It is well after eight o'clock right now. But in Boston, the city is never fully asleep. People are at bars until the next morning, roam the parks until dawn, get ice cream at the little shops past midnight, and enjoy the night to its fullest. That's just the way it is.

"Boston is really starting to grow on me, if this is the way it always is," Niall speaks up.

"Basically, it is this way all the time. Well, in the fall. In the winter it's just this with snow on the ground," I tell him.

Niall gestures to a stone bench by one of the many beautiful fountains of the park, and I am happy he is willing to take a break of walking. My feet are sore from today.

"I could really see myself living here," Niall says, and it surprises me, but also makes my stomach lift.

"Really?" I perk up, trying to not sound too giddy.

"Yeah, but I don't know. I love Mullingar to much to leave it I think," he sighs.

My stomach rests back in the pit and I mentally scold myself for even thinking that he would actually live in Boston.

We watch people pass by, and listen to the hum of the city.

"I should probably get home soon," I sigh.

Niall moves his hands and brushes mine as he places them on his knees, and the contact sends tingles everywhere. My cheeks flame and I look away so he wouldn't be able to notice.

He stands up, and I follow.

"Do you live close enough to walk or do you want me to call a taxi?" He asks and I tell him a taxi would be best. I usually walk places, unless I take my piece of junk car anywhere I can't go by foot.

We make our way towards the street and Niall tries to wave down a taxi. I laugh at his failed attempts while the taxis passed by, he obviously has never lived in a city before.