Hold on. Was she expecting me to wheedle her. Oh hell no!

Not wanting to spend to waste any more minute, I got straight to the point. "I want to go to the pack village to visit my mother."

He sighed deeply.

Someone's tired of working their ass off in this hellacious office.

"You can go."

His words caught me napping. I emphatically didn't expect him to agree with me that effortlessly. "You aren't gonna argue with me?" I asked my eyebrows creasing on their own accord.

He raised his head up, rolling his eyes at me. "Why do you always have to complain. You complained about me bringing you here, you complained about having your mum aware of everything and now you are complaining about me going easy on you."

I hardly ever complain at all. I mean we just started talking this morning and he already thinks I complain too much. Does he judge people that easily?

I grumbled. "Don't you know it's a locution that nurses are always curious. And in case it doesn't register to you, I am a nurse."

Before he could say anything else I interrupted him. " I will be back before dinner. Don't miss me too much."

I reached out to the pocket of my jacket and brought my phone out. The egocentric Alpha had taken it with him when he when he entered my room and kidnap me.

I am still calling it that.

I had taken it and put it inside my jacket when I finished dressing up because it was on the bedside table. I dialed my mum's phone number and waited for her to pick up but she didn't. After three more attempts, I texted her.

Completely ignoring that I wanted to take a nap few minutes ago before visiting my mother, I went to the kitchen in hopes of finding someone to lead me out of this place since I couldn't find anyone in the hallway as it was completely empty.

A few helpers were in the kitchen, some were washing while others just stood in the kitchen. When the noticed my presence in the kitchen, they all bowed their heads.

I shook my head in anger and displeasure internally. I am not even Luna yet. "Luna." They all chorused.

I nodded for them to raise their head up."Does anyone mind showing me where the exit it? Patently this manor has too many hallways."

A lady in her late thirties made her way to me, smiling. "It's my pleasure, Luna." She reitated that same word again. Luna.

Don't they get tired of saying it.

She led the way taking slow steps, anticipating me to catch up to her promptly. I will be coming back here but not that soon. Maybe spend a few days with my momma and then come back to this place.

After spending enough time here, I will be going back to California. My leave isn't really gonna last long as I wanted it to.

Just two goddamn weeks.

Soon we reached the double doors and I turned to face her. "Thank you very much Mrs." I appreciated, admiring her silver brooch, hanging on the breast pocket of her white shirt.

She place her hand over her chest, her cute dimple complimenting her cheeks. "It's nothing Luna. I am Tamina by the way."

I pushed open the door and walked out. Before closing the door, I risked a glance back at Tamina. She was still there standing precisely where I left her. Her eyes glazed over like she was mindlinking someone. When she was done, she raised her head up and gestured her head to someone.

Eventually turning to look at what she gestured to me. Standing in front of me was a bulky, hefty man looking very serious and daunting.

I cocked my eyebrows at him in question. "What?"

"The Alpha has asked me to take you to where you are going and to also wait until you are done and bring you back home." He glowered at me when he noticed that I wasn't really listening.

He undoubtedly looks frightening. Exhibiting the looks of those magnates that are usually avarice's bodyguards. After giving him a quick nod, he ushered me into the black Lexus.

I sat at the back seat, behind the passenger's seat. He got into the driver's seat and fastened his seat belt, reminding me to do so myself. I took a curious look through the rearview mirror at the gypsy man.  I said gypsy because he couldn't stop shaking his thighs and kept drumming on the steering wheel.

I considerably remembered that I don't even know his name. "Is it weird that I don't know the name of the guy that's driving me."

"Alexander."

This guy is seriously an impertinent kinda person. I mean he hasn't said anything apart from the orders Nathan gave him. "I will call you Alex. Do you like it?"

"Yes."

I looked outside through the tinted glass. A sunset coloured wolf was sprinting off in the woods. Tongue out as saliva dropped out of his opened mouth. His tail wagged in happiness as if it has been long since he's gone out for a run.

I stared at the wolf, longing for the same. If only I could shift or even the least talk to my wolf. I can't smell my mate because my wolf isn't active. I don't even know what Nathan smells like. I just hope he is telling the truth by saying that I am his mate.

In ten minutes we arrived at my mums cozy cabin. Shoving my phone which I have been holding throughout the ride inside my pocket, I opened the door before Alex could open it.

I walked to his side. "Would you like to come in with me?" I offered, thinking he will accept. "It is pretty hot outside."

"No thank you, Luna. I will wait outside." He refused bluntly.

I shrugged. "Okay that's your loss. My mum makes the best tamales and mouthwatering lasagna." I bragged trying to entice him.

He smile. Like actually smiled. I realized that he has a left cheek dimple. "I am sure, Luna. I will wait for you."

I rolled my eyes at his unfazed expression. I mentioned tamales, even lasagna. This guy is good. You know, I should have mentioned cartons of vodka and a hot aunt. I bet he won't be able to resist that.

I knocked on the front door since I don't have the spare key. Seconds later, I heard footsteps and then the door opened revealing my very raddled mum. Her hair was distorted and out if place. It was a horrendous sight to behold.

I rushed in and cupped her cheeks. "What happened to you mum?" I asked and closed the door after releasing her.

She grimaced. "I was almost electrocuted!" She exclaimed, eyes widened in terror. "I was just getting the toaster ready after finishing the dishes. There was a worn out wire and my hand mistakenly touched it. I fainted and didn't wake up until ten minutes ago."

I was going to assure her that everything is fine, but she interrupted me. "I made one mistake. Just one mistake. I didn't clean my hands with a towel after doing the dishes." My cushy mum complained.

I gestured for her to sit with me on the couch. I finally decided to let her know why I didn't find Nathan earlier and why I couldn't acknowledge him as my mate. And the problems I have with staying at Nathan's place. "Sit mum, we have alot of things to talk about." Her worried expression never wavered, instead it increased.

This is going to be a long day.

   **************************

Hey lovelies

So what do you guys think of Melissa. Is she the good witch or the bad witch or is she both. Who knows!!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please hit the vote button below.

Freedahmyst