22

Leah's Pov -

Leah's Pov -

I threw my head back as I finished climaxing for the third time. I laid down next to Elijah and cuddled up to him. Things have been going great between us two again. He hasn't really been running the streets or out here being reckless and that's all I wanted.

I seen my best friend going through it and all though I love Nalani I didn't want to go through it. The constant hours of worry when they don't pick up, the groupies, the drugs, females tryna have his baby you know the whole nine yards. I wanted him all to myself and not to have to worry bout half the stuff Nala does.

I closed my eyes and decided to take a little nap after this I was going back into work.  I had been trying to work myself like crazy and still juggle school. Even though Elijah offered to help me with my bills. I still felt a little guilty inside about the whole abortion thing. I didn't want him to find out though cause that would just mess up our relationship.

I planned on telling him someday in the future but not now. Don't get me wrong though someday I still want to have his kids and be married but for now I wanna get my degree. 

Cherry's Pov -

Cherry's Pov -

I was headed over to my brothers house to be the bearer of bad news. Some shit had happened last night and I know Nalani was worried. I wanted to come over earlier but I had some shit I had to sort out with our other brother. Isaiah was helping me with some legal shit regarding our brother Brennon.

I already had a key to their place and knew the passcodes to mostly everything. So I let myself in and walked into the bedroom, Nala was in the bathroom. I knocked and let her know I was here as I waited for her to come out I laid down on the bed and chilled. I was exhausted from the night before.

10 minutes later Nalani came out of the bathroom wearing her bath robe. I laughed because of how big she was getting her robe barely fit her. You could tell she was wearing a tank top and shorts underneath. Her stomach was just still poking out which made me laugh I couldn't wait to be an auntie.

"Hey sis" Nala said hugging me as I hugged her back

"What's up?" I said

We talked and caught up a little before I told her what happened. She was complaining to me about my brother and how he hasn't come home in two nights. She went on about thinking he was cheating or something. She was real hormonal those pregnancy hormones will have you acting crazy. That's just was Nala was doing she was just jumping to conclusions and some of them didn't even make sense.

"So I came over to tell you that Brennon got arrested"

"Arrested?!! For what?" She panicked

"Nala calm down this is why we didn't wanna tell you"

"Calm down? He's in jail .. how am I supposed to be calm .. what did he get arrested for? Is he gonna be out by the time the baby comes?? if he's not I'm gonna be so mad he promised he would be there!!!"

"Nalani calm down, please don't stress yourself out.. I know this ain't what you wanna hear but it's the truth.. he got arrested for killing his best friend .. he told me about the paternity test and his best friend being the father. He over reacted when he finally seen him in person and he killed him the cops said. I don't the full story so I can't say too much but Nala we need you to stay calm and not panic he said he'll be home soon" I said

"But Cherry that's easier said then done I cannot be out here while he's in there and not worry and what if he misses the birth of the baby while he's in there. I mean I know i'm only seven almost eight months pregnant but still. They could take forever for him to go to trial."

"Nala we got you.. our family isn't going to let you go through any of this alone the slack that Brennon can't pick up right now we will.. if you need anything call me, mama, Isaiah, Nana's or you can even call Stormi, Leah or Camilla see you're not alone.."

" Fine I guess but I want to go see him right now!!"

"Nala you can't he doesn't want you to see him like this.. he said wait till he gets home and that he will call you as soon as they let him and explain everything"

"Ughhh!! I hate Evoni!! this shit would've never happened if they weren't arguing over a bitch.."

The rest of my time I was there I was planning out the rest of the baby shower with Nalani we planned to have it in two weeks. We were hoping that Brennon would be home by then so he could be there. I was just worried about Nala and the baby I didn't want her to freak out so after I left their house I went down to the jail to see my brother again.

"How'd she take it?" Brennon asked me through the glass screen

"Not too well.. she's worried about not only you but you not being able to be there because you're in here.. you're my brother and you know I love you right?"

"what you tryna say Cherry?"

"You need to chill out you're wilding out in the streets meanwhile she's going crazy about you and she's pregnant it shouldn't be that way. You doing shit like this is gonna stress that baby out of her and you know how that's gonna play out. You finally got her back like you wanted so badly and now you doing the same shit that made you lose her. Don't try to tell me it's not my business cause when both y'all hurt each other you run to me every time!!"

"You right I need to get the fuck out of here.. trust me I want to be home with my girl and my baby but I couldn't let the shit slide.. I'm working on my anger believe me I am"

"Good thats what I like to hear.."

"Look I got a plan anyways I need you and Zae to both come back and visit me"

"Alright.. ima leave now.. I love you and i'll see you tommorow"

"I love you too sis"

I walked away in doubt there were plenty of times my brother said he was going to change I just hope this time his was being honest. Not for my sake but for Nalani and the baby's sake, only did I know shit was about to get even uglier. Life never stayed simple and peaceful when you're born into the cartel...