8

Nalani's POV -

Nalani's POV -

I was laying in bed listening to A Boogie flow through my air pods. I was in my feelings heavy a lot was just on my mind. I was wishing I could get over everything that's happened to me the past two years. 

I was tired, I am tired I hate living my life in constant fear. I shouldn't have to be scared to leave the house and return back home safely each time. It's just not fair I don't know if anyone my age has ever had this much shit happen to them.

Lately I've been questioning my relationship with Brennon. I no longer know what I want, except to just live and be happy of course. I've barely lived my life and it's been threatened multiple times.

Since I've been home I've been secretly going to therapy. Trying to get a clearer conscience and make amends with my past life. I can't even began to admit how much guilt I have pent up inside of me.

I finally got up out of my bed at 2pm making my way to the bathroom. I woke up alone this morning I didn't even care to know where he was. I started brushing my teeth and getting myself together.

Today I had plans with Leah to get the hell out of this house. Of course we were gonna be followed by my security who stayed behind me. I was still getting used to being followed. He was low key though and he was pretty chill.

I danced around in my conjoined bathroom to PNB Rock as all his albums were on shuffle. I was too busy dancing instead of realizing Leah had already made her way into my house. She caught me in mid dance as I was bent over shaking my ass. She laughed which startled me as I curled my hair.

"Chick come on" she said as she laughed

"Hold on lemme get ready, you're the one who came all early and now you wanna rush me .. uh uhh"

"Cause your ass needs to get up out this house and stop being depressed.. I miss my bestfriend"

"And I miss when life was easy .. if only I walked away from this nigga at the courts .. I'd be one happy ass person"

"Aww boo don't look at it like that.. things happen for a reason all you can do is put your trust in God and know he's got you no matter what.."

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore.. anyways I have news but I'll tell you over lunch.."

"Well come on no more waiting cause I wanna know now!!"

The drive to go eat lunch was chill the we caught up a little bit since our last hangout. We even listened to some new music as we approached the restaurant. The place wasn't packed and that was the only thins I was worried about was I hate big crowds.

"Soooooo??? What's the news miss I'm not telling you until we get to lunch" Leah said laughing

Without even thinking about it I just semi-yelled out "I'm pregnant.. & I know it's Brennon's again" Leah looked at my like I was crazy and just tried to read my facial expressions.

About this I honestly didn't know how to feel especially since what happened with my last pregnancy. I also don't know if bringing a baby into the world is just bringing the baby into a toxic relationship.  I still haven't told anyone else since I just found out so Brennon doesn't know yet and I don't know how he'll react.

Leah's reaction is one of the ones that means the most to me since she's my best friend. I wanted to tell other people but I don't know how they'll react.

"Okay when did you find this out??"

"Two days ago.. I took the test because I wasn't feeling good.. I've been skipping my period with the nuva ring birth control but I still got pregnant"

"Are you and Brennon still sleeping together?"

"Yes we just had sex a couple nights ago.. I was semi lying when I said we weren't completely sleeping together."

"So you don't even know how far along you are? Also I thought you weren't really feeling him anymore and thinking about leaving him.."

"Well I guess I'm not anymore"

"Nala just cause you're having his baby don't mean you gotta stay with him"

"It's not that I think this may be a good thing for the both of us.."

"You know I support you so it's whatever you want .. I just want you to be happy!!"

"But there's one more thing Leah..."

"Hmmmm?"

"Brennnon is also having a baby with one of his side chicks from last year .. Evoni .. she came up to us the one night we were out to eat and was like I'm his ex fiancé and his first love and the mother of his first child shit Etc and now I—"

"Hold on wait.. another fucking baby Nala? He's just bussing legs open huh?"

"Well in all fairness it happened when we both were cheating on each other so I can't be too mad... only thing ima have a problem with is the bitter baby moms"

"You know I'm here Nala and whatever you wanna do is what I wanna do .. just don't let this relationship get the best of you again and the second you have your doubts or feel ready to leave him you better call me!!!"

"Okay okay .."

Leah and I finished the rest of our lunch and just went to the park to go on a walk. I was catching her up on the shooting situation since I never really talked to her about it. She came up with some crazy ideas of who it could've been. My brothers, dad and Brennon still didn't know but they were all still looking. That was something they weren't going to let go and I couldn't control it.

My dad and Brennon agreed on getting around the clock security to be at the house. Along with two bodyguards whenever I go out the house. They weren't taking any chances and neither was I.

Brennon bought me a gun and taught me how to shoot it. He also has forced me to take a self defense class just so I'm better prepared for any future scenarios. I was tired of living in fear and having to go through all this to protect myself.

The drive home was fun and it felt short, my cousin Layleni called me while I was in the car but I didn't answer. I wanted to talk to Leah until I officially got home, once I walked in I walked straight to my room. I took a shower and then did my skin care routine and got into bed and turned on Hulu.

I noticed I had a voicemail left from Layleni so I clicked on it to listen. After a few seconds of listening to it I frowned as both voices became familiar. It was Layleni and Evoni laughing about what happened to me. I quickly called Brennon home & my brothers and dad over cause I wanted them to hear what I heard. It was all too much this was hurtful to me.