19

Elijah's Pov -

Elijah's Pov -

I was getting ready to go to this funeral for my little cousin Layleni. She finally passed away from a coma
and I couldn't be anymore happier. That sounds fucked up to say but because all the shit she put Nalani through it had to be done. I was gone stand by and let her get hurt anymore. My pinged letting me know I had a text message.

Leah🥰🤩 - Can you come back over tonight? I hate sleeping alone 😞

Elijah - Yeah, but you still coming to the funeral? It's at noon I can come scoop you in like 20 minutes

Leah🥰🤩 - ofcourse i'm coming babe and okey see ya soon 😘

I shook my head at her, one minute she was loving all up on me then the next complaining about my lifestyle. I wasn't even in the streets like that, I was still going to school and keeping up my grades. I wanted to be a business owner and be successful at it. I only had three more months until I was completely finished. I planned on doing big things cause I knew this street life wasn't for me at all.

I wanted to be and have a regular family for once, I wanted a wife and kids I even wanted that corny ass white fence. Which is why I've been trying to work things out with Leah. This is the longest I've ever been with any female and haven't done no sneaky type or stupid shit. I knew I could trust her and she was already apart of the family.

When we first got together I didn't even mean to fall for my little sisters best friend it just happened.  I shook myself out of my thoughts as my dad came banging on my door. He was more than ready to get this over with, we all were. We had to put on this fake show for my aunt and uncle cause my dad ain't want no family beef. Him and our uncle was finally back on good terms and we didn't want that to end.

My uncle was doing a good amount of dirty work for our dad. So our dad didn't want any of the bullshit to break that up.

"Come on E, yo brother and sister already dressed and almost there but we still here"

"Alright dad here I come .."

"You on yo game right? Don't let them realize we had shit to do with this"

"Ofcourse not dad I ain't dumb"

"I'm just checking E, Anyways let's go"

"We gotta go get Leah on the way over there"

"Really y'all messing around again?"

"Something like that"

"Well y'all need to be careful.. better not get that girl pregnant with the way y'all keep breaking up"

"I'm not dad we cool damn just let it go"

"Okay okay I'm not gone say anything else"

The ride over to Leah's house was cool it was just a 20 minute drive so we got to the funeral on time. I peeped out Nala and Brennon sitting down laughing and talking with Braxton. We made out way over to them as Leah abandoned me for Nalani like usual.

We all started talking and random family kept coming up to us and giving their condolences. I was more than ready to leave I had better shit to be doing instead of acting like I care. The whole time we were sitting there this girl kept making eye contact with me. I would look over from time to time and catch her taking peeks at all of us. I was trying not to pay it any attention but she was starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

 I was trying not to pay it any attention but she was starting to make me feel uncomfortable

Nalani's Pov -

I was ready to leave my cousins funeral I couldn't care less about her being alive or not. I know that sounds rude but she was the same way towards me. The crazy part is she had no reason to try and do what she did, nothing would justify it. I was never mean to her enough to make her want to hurt me.

We didn't grow together but we started hanging out around the same time Brennon came into my life. I thought I could trust her busy obviously family can't be trusted either. It's sad to say but it's the honesty truth. I just wanted to know what really made her cross me but now I'll never know. I didn't even notice I was crying until my vision became blurry.

No I wasn't crying about Layleni's death but I was crying over the fact that I'm not even 21 and so much shit has happened to me. I remained solid though I will say that and I'm very excited for my future that I've let the past go. I was steady in my thoughts until the same chick who's been eyeing me the whole time kept looking at me.

My emotions were already all over the place but I didn't care. I was feeling bold so I got up out my seat and walked over to her. Once she seen me coming towards her it look she became really nervous but I didn't care. As I was about to approach her my dad came over and stopped me.

"Nalani? What are you doing?"

"About to ask her why she keep staring at us.. she been looking the whole time and Lijah sees it too!"

"Nalani, nows not the time .. let her be"

"Dad why are you protecting her? You don't even know her" I said as she walked over to us and hugged my dad. I gave them both a confused look.

"So who's this?"

My dad blew out some air before questioning me. Brennon, Elijah, Braxton & Leah all walked up behind me as I waited for my answer.

"Dad who is this?"

"I might as well tell y'all now... this is y'all older sister Miliani .. she just recently got back in touch with me .. I was gonna wait till later to tell y'all."

"Hi Nalani.. sorry I was looking at you, I just can't believe you're my baby sister and your having a baby!! Is it a boy or a girl? I can't wait to be an aunt!"

I walked away with Brennon and Leah right on my heels. I couldn't believe this shit, things would always happen at the worst times. I didn't even wanna know about this and I wish I didn't ask.

I walked out of the funeral home and walked to the car. I didn't know how to emotionally feel at this point, I didn't feel like I was being dramatic though. Things just keep getting thrown at me left and right. 
Brennon finally got in the car followed by Leah.

"You good?" Was all Brennon asked as he looked over at me and reached out for my hand squeezing it.

"Yeah I'm fine, can we just go and get something to eat or something at home. I'm hungry and I'm over this bullshit ass funeral, I just wanna eat and wear pajamas real clothes are so uncomfortable to me."

"I'm down" they both said

I just threw my head back on the head rest and thought to myself. What's gonna happen next in my crazy live if it wasn't one thing it was another.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT !! ❤️❤️❤️