21| The Butterfly Effect

Start from the beginning

Then I asked him about it, ' Hey! Angus.' I said putting my hands around his shoulder as we walked down the hallway. He said nothing and continued his journey. 'Hey, what's wrong dude? You've been like this for days now.' I said to him and he paused. I smiled feeling satisfied that he snapped out of it.

He turned to me with a plain expression and my smile vanished. He then forced a smile on his face and it went away almost immediately, 'Happy?' He asked with a frown and walked away. I sighed as I watched him walk away and I knew that my best friend needed help FAST!

When school was over I hurriedly skipped to his car and laid down in the back seat, patiently waiting for him. After some seconds he came and as I expected he began driving immediately. I waited for him to get to his destination and I sat up with my mouth agape.

'What the.' I muttered and he turned to me. I expected him to be surprised but he stared at me and said, 'You've seen it, be happy I didn't take you to a fake place and pretend that that's where I've been going.' He snapped. I gulped and sat upright.

'But why have you been coming here? You have no reason to come here. You can't be thinking of working here.' I reasoned while looking at the skyrise building through the window.

He sneered and said, "I'm not thinking of anything you said, this devil company needs to be brought down." I looked at him then back at the building.

'Devil company?' I asked confused, 'How's the Winston's company a devil company?'

"What?!' I screeched, interrupting Dylan's story. He drew in a hiss in annoyance and glared at me. "What did you just say, the Winston's company?" I asked again with my eyes widen and my face pale.

Kenna took hold of my hand to calm me.

"He had been going to the Winston's company." Dylan dropped the bomb and my heart sank instantly.

"Why would Angus go to them?" I questioned and my eyes wandered around full of thoughts.

Kenna squeezed my hands and said, "I know what you're thinking, Quinn. I don't think the Winston's did that to Angus." Kenna said my thoughts out loud.

"We can't be sure of anything." Dylan said, "Because it was when we drove away from there we had the incident."

My heart ached again as the memories came flooding back, my head began aching intensely. Tears were forming but I wouldn't let them fall.

"I was in the back seat.....and that's why Angus suffered more damage than me." Dylan explained and I heard Kenna sniff beside me. She used the back of her hands to wipe her tears away, she looked back at Dylan, waiting for him to go on.

I turned my gaze to Dylan as he continued, "I don't really remember who the driver was.." Dylan breathed shutting his eyes. "I fell unconscious and when I woke up was in the hospital room. Years had passed." He finished and opened his eyes. I noticed it was red and it dawn on me that he must be hurting too, he had a near-death experience with his best friend who didn't make it.

"You must be hurting too." I said to Dylan. He looked up at me and our eyes locked. For a split second, I saw the pain and sadness swimming in the blue ocean in his eyes, calling for help before it was washed away into the dark abyss of his pupils.

He then laughed and said, "Don't worry about me. I was in a coma for two years, I became stronger." He laughed, he turned to his side and wiped his tears before they could fall.

I chuckled at his bad acting skills while watching him, tears of pain began running down my cheeks. I let myself feel sad cause it's toxic to hold it in.