52| The Devil Awakens

♡♡♡
Kenna

I met Harry after the meeting.

"How did it go?" He asked as we walked towards a private meeting room and I nodded.

"Perfect, Ace would be glad."

"About that, he isn't really planning on going to jail, is he? I mean I know he didn't do it. I figured he had a reason for staying there." He opened the door for me to walk in and I tried to hide my smile at his actions.

"I hope he does. Because it seems like he willingly wants to take the fall." He brought out a chair for me to seat and I gave him a little smile before sitting and he smirked.

"Not you being a gentleman," I said to him as he sat beside me and he chuckled.

"For you, I'll be anything."

I shook my head as laughter vibrated through me and took a deep breath. "About your Dad..."

"Please don't- don't try to feel sorry for me. He has to pay. Don't try to hold back while thinking of anyone else. I want him to suffer Kenna," he said.

"Well we already have a few leads and some information I got from Ace... he was trying to help Nayoung. But the best would be if we can get undeniable evidence." His forehead creased and he sucked in his lower lips. I forced my gaze away from his lips and cleared my throat.

"Undeniable evidence?"

"Yeah, like pictures of him with the workers or like an audio of his conversation with them. Something that he can't run from."

"So if I can get him to confess on tape..."

"That would seal the case, Harry."

He blew out a raspberry and ran his hands through his hair. While staring at him, I decided to ask the question that had been in my mind since I saw him earlier.

"You know you could have asked about that through text or a call... is that why you really came? To ask me about this alone?"

His eyes widened as I had just shown him a naked picture of himself and he began to look everywhere but me and I narrowed my eyes.

"Harry..."

"Hearing you say my name sounds like being in heaven Kenna," he groaned and buried his face in his hands. I immediately felt the blood rushing to my face and quickly patted my face to reduce the redness.

His words sent a rumble down my spine and the stupid butterflies erupted. His face was still hidden and he raised his head and spread his fingers apart to show his eyes. My heart almost melted into a pudding under me as our eyes met.

"Did I say that out loud?" He mumbled and I nodded with a downturned smile and he groaned again. I tried to hold my laugh by biting my lower lip but his eyes lingered on my lips and nothing was funny anymore.

I was giggling and feeling nervous like a teenage girl who had a crush on the football team captain. What was wrong with me?

"Can I kiss you?" His words took me by surprise my body reacted before my brain could process it and I stood up abruptly.

Almost instantly he stood up too and was red with embarrassment. Oh my God, he thought I reacted like that because I didn't want to not because I was just shocked.

Wait did I want to?

"I'm sorry, please let's act like I never said anything, I'm so stupid," he voiced came out wavered and I mental shook my head trying to get the word out of my mind to tell him that my body reacted that way because I was surprised and about to turn as pink as Patrick.