43| Vlad

♡♡♡
Quinn

"Hey look at me," I said to Ace as he still couldn't get down from the car. I held his chin and turned him to face me.

"You can do this alright! I'm here with you Ace, we'll face it together that's our promise right?" I whispered and he still had the nervous look on his face. He shook his head and I shook my too.

'No, no mister don't give me that bullshit. We didn't come all the way here just for you to back off now, this is the second time you're doing this come on," I half yelled and half pleaded.

Let me explain.

You see we came to this same spot last week and just like now Ace backed off saying he couldn't face them so soon. I understood him and didn't force him, because it was honestly a tough decision. I took him back home and we resulted to cuddling up in bed until he felt safe. He promised we would go the next week and get answers and I believe him, told him it was okay. He had prepared himself, to face them boldly. He also got better at work this past week, we met with different shareholders and workers, getting them to trust him. His grandfather was still unconscious and the investigation was still ongoing.

The best thing was that we were engaged. I hadn't told anyone yet apart from Xenia who immediately planned for us to meet and almost cried when she saw my ring. I hadn't been to my parent's house since so, they didn't know of the news but I planned to tell them soon. Because I knew once my mum hears, the media hears.

"Quinn, I'm just..... what do I say? Do I get mad? Do I say I've missed them? I don't know."

"You'll figure that out once we got in. And maybe my mum might be there again like Mr. Kim said. We'll both have to deal with them and demand explanations. We can do this Ace." I squeezed his hands and he nodded as his hair bounced with his movement.

"Yes yes... okay." He took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

"Good," I smiled then placed a soft kiss on his lips.

We both got out of the parking lot of the Johns Hopkins psychiatric hospital at the same time and looked up at the sky rise building. We walked to the door and went in as the busy aura of the inside clouded us. I held his large hands in mine, assuring him that I'm there as we walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello, welcome to Johns Hopkins psychiatric hospital. How can I help you?" She asked with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

"Hey, I'm Quinn Manchester and this is Ace Winston and we're here to.... Visit a patient."

"Okay," she said and typed something into the computer in front of her, she took a pen from the top pocket of her uniform. She handed us the pen with a bunch of forms on a clipboard. "Please fill this and what's the patient's name?"

I collected the items from her. "Mr. Winston?"

She raised an eyebrow at the tone of my words but didn't say anything and typed away on her computer. She paused and looked at us from beneath her lashes. "I'm sorry we don't have a Mr. Winston on our patient list. Are you sure you're in the right place?"

"Oh shit," I cursed under my breath and plastered on a fake smile. "Oh, what about Mr. Logan?" I asked trying his first name.

She typed again and tilted her head in apology as she looked up. "I'm sorry. There's no Mr Logan."

Frustrated, I ran my hands through my hair.  I racked my brain for what must have been the name they used for him.

"Vlad," Ace's hoarse voice suddenly came through and we both turned to him. "Please try Vlad."