28| An Actual Relationship

♡♡♡

ACE

She seemed so different.

I couldn't put my mind around it. I watched as she got into the car and looked at me through the window. I quickly plastered a smile across my face and waved.

"Come and visit me soon," she smiled. "I know you don't like seeing your old man, but for my sake."

I know I won't, but I nod anyway. The car park was quiet and only the sound was of the car she was presently in with the driver in front.

"From now on, don't be scared of anything. Everything that's meant to be yours would be yours. I promise you that."

I was about to reply to her when someone hastily walked toward us. "Ah, Granny," Nana said heartily.

"How are you? You haven't changed much since I saw you last," Grandma laughed and Nana gleamed.

"I guess I stopped growing early. I've learned to be proud of that."

"Yes, that's the spirit. Be comfortable in your skin."

"You're leaving now?" Nana implored and pouted then whirled to me. "You didn't inform me that she was around. I would have prepared my famous cookies that she likes."

"I've missed your baking my dear. I'll be at home now. You're welcome anytime," Grandmother found no fault in Nana. I didn't too, she was almost the definition of perfect I was head over heels in love with her. Keyword was. But she doesn't stick to what she wants, she lets her dad control her entire life and indirectly ends up controlling mine.

Grandma turned to me. "When you come to see me again. Make sure to bring her."

Nana clenched my arms and laid her head on my shoulder. "I'll definitely make it."

The car drove away. And I realized that I didn't say a word since Nana arrived.

"Hey...." She began peeking at me from below her lashes.

"Hey," I breathed and immediately took my arm away from her grasp.

"How's Quinn? I heard about her fainting."

"She's awake now."

Xenia phoned me earlier to tell me that Quinn had finally regained consciousness and that she would be getting discharged tomorrow. She had been unconscious since last night. But I just couldn't bring myself to visit her in the hospital. Yes, I was a coward! I admit. I just couldn't help but feel guilty about what happened. She fainted after I told her that I didn't have any feelings for her. Just saying it again makes me realize what a terrible person I was.

Did I have feelings for her? That's such a huge deal for me... my perception on love has been damaged since both my parents decided to abandon me and ruined my life. I totally blocked my heart from trivial things like feelings, it just made people weaker which was why I never truly dated again.

"Ace?" Nana called drawing me back to reality.

"Yh?" I broke out of my train of thought.

"I said, you're my plus one for my father's event tomorrow night. You know I have no one to take and it's the launch of his new pharmaceutical company in New York. We would look so good together, making headlines," She said bubbly with dreamy eyes.

Quinn and I haven't finalized our break up yet and being seen with someone else in public would not be a good show.

"You're thinking about Quinn," Nana muttered. "Carl told me that an article would be coming out tonight on your break up. My dad has finally agreed for us to date again, he's coming here for a long time and it'll help both our companies. Carl told me that your fake relationship with Quinn was to appease the public and your grandfather and you both knew. Ours would be an actual relationship."