44| Mudered

♡♡♡
Quinn

I didn't know if it was the fact that my mum was involved in all this.

Or the fact that Ace was showing a side I had never seen before.

But I know that after that day nothing would be the same again.

Vlad stayed on the bed silent as the soft breeze occasionally blew the curtains open only to drag them in right away, he hadn't said a thing or moved an inch.

Ace's mum stayed in silence trying to put herself together while Ace's gaze burnt holes in her skull.

"I want you to know that I love you, Ace. And everything.... Everything I've done has been to keep you safe even if you don't believe me," she said softly and sniffed back a tear. Her neck strained and her cheek burnt a bright pink colour showing her pain and the emotions she was pushing down inside her. "As you know it happened years back."

She paused and her bright blue eyes sharply caught mine. "This would also greatly affect you, Quinn. You two are more connected than you think and this dating proposal wasn't something your aunt or grandfather brought up. We-" she pointed at herself and my mum "-we planned this. To fix things."

Confusion masked my face. I looked at my mother who pursed her lips and stared back at me with teary eyes. She parted her lips and took in a deep breath. "Yes Quinn, she's saying the truth. Your dating story was the beginning of our revenge journey."

"It was difficult for us to reach this stage. So you both must understand that this needs to be kept a secret until our next step is in motion."

"Can you stop this and actually explain?" My voice came through as my breath quickened and my eyes scrambled between the two of them.

"I know what you're thinking Quinn..... Yes, it does have to do with Angus." My mother's voice cracked and the tears spilled from my eyes.

Dylan was right. They did it. The Winston's killed my brother.

No no, I can't just jump to conclusions I have- I have to confirm everything.

"I know it's hard to swallow right now. But your dad, Ace. He was cheating- he was cheating on me with two actresses and a teacher from a high school. Angus found out when he saw your father was threatening his high school teacher to abort the pregnancy saying a baby from outside would tarnish his family name. She didn't listen. He made her lose her job and house, she practically became homeless and she- she died before she could give birth. Angus found out all this, she was his favorite teacher. Miss Josephina."

Miss Josephina.... They told us she overdosed on drugs and was found dead at home with a baby. I never knew, Angus never told me. She really was this favorite teacher.

"Angus was a very righteous boy. He couldn't let your father go for what he did. He began to threaten the company by sending recordings of stuff your father said to Josephina which were very explicit. He wanted your father to confess to the police to killing her. Your grandfather found it funny that a young high school boy was trying to ruin his family's image. That's why he did it...... He told Angus to come to the company that day and..."

I couldn't feel my legs or control my body. The tears flooded my vision and my heartbeat clouded my ears. I felt everyone's eyes on me but I couldn't hear a thing. The sobs escaped my lips and my hand automatically grasped my hair trying to control my emotions but I couldn't as I let out a heart-shattering cry.

I couldn't take it. My Angus.... My Angus.... Murdered for just wanted justice. My Angus who couldn't even kill an insect murdered brutally. My Angus whose biggest dream was having kids and giving them the best life.