35| First kiss

♡♡♡
ACE

"Did they fight again?"

I nodded with my head hanging down, the low sobs escaped my lips. I felt her hands patting my back and she sighed.

"Is it serious? Does he beat her?"

"No! My daddy isn't like that.... They just always argue. I think it's because of another woman," I whispered the last part under my breath ashamed.

"Oh."

We sat in silence as the sun glowed above us but we were shielded from it by the tree we sat below. It was where we always met. I didn't know where she lived and she didn't know where I lived. We were strangers who found each other at this same spot a long time ago and since then we've been meeting there. Funny thing, the day we first encountered I was also crying about this same issue. We were kids about ten years old but we were the best comfort for each other.

"Cake makes everyone feel better! I'll go get cake for you!" She exclaimed eagerly and stood up.

I held her arm before she could leave. I was confused. "Cake?"

"Yes, it's my birthday today, August 30th." With that, she left.

I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my hands and sniffed. I had to get her something for her birthday, she was getting me a cake. Looking around, I saw no place to get anything for her, and another big problem I had no money. I began walking down the street and saw a familiar shop I spent most of my holidays in with my favorite aunt.

The flower shop.

Yeah, I can get her flowers.

Pushing myself inside, Anna called for me behind the counter asking for what I wanted but I ignored her. My head was filled with the thought of getting the perfect flowers for her. I saw a large bouquet of Lillies. I reach out and grabbed it. It smelt wonderful, not as wonderful as she does though.

"Miss Anna, can I have these?" I asked turning to her and she raised an eyebrow. The bouquet was larger than my head so I peek from the side to look at her.

"What do you want to use that for?" She laughed at the scene before her.

"A gift, a birthday gift for my friend."

"Ohhhh is she your girlfriend?" She asked eagerly and my face turned pink.

My eyes wandered and my throat went dry. "No... No... we're just friends." I finally said.

The look on her face made it obvious that she didn't believe me but she let me leave and said, "Don't be shy! Tell her how you feel!" I shut the door.

The cold hair slapped me and I huffed at her words. How can I have feelings for a person whose name I don't even know?

I got back to the tree and she sat there in her pink polka dot gown with her black curly hair done in a neat ponytail and a slice of Cake on a plate on her thighs. Nervously, I made my way toward her.

Her face lit up by my presence but a look of surprise took over due to the flowers I had. I stretched out my hands, handing the flower over to her. "Here, Happy Birthday," I murmured with sweaty palms.

She got up and grabbed the bouquet with a huge grin on her face and sniffed it. "Oh my God, it's so huge! It's bigger than my head" She laughed, bubbling with excitement. "And smells so nice. It's truly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Thank you."