33| Stuck with you

♡♡♡
QUINN

I was supposed to be happy for my sister. This was an important step in her life. I pushed my head back and the voices of our family members and friends talking and dining filled my head once again.

Walking back to the dining, I almost tripped but Dylan held me before I could fall.

"Hey hey, are you okay?" He asked. "You've been like in another world throughout the night."

"Yeah yeah I'm fine just a bit dizzy," I lied.

How could I explain to my ex-boyfriend that my present supposed boyfriend was cheating on me with his ex-girlfriend?

"You sure?" He rose an eyebrow as he helped me to my seat. I nodded and thanked him.

The party went on. We were at the one place we always have our dinners, it was where Ace and I had dinner the other night. The memories from that night flowed through my head again.

Just after we make a toast to a successful year for Xenia, Ace walks in.

My breath hitched in my throat as I took in his appearance. He looked like he had been running his hands through his hair multiple times but his all-black outfit covered up that mess. I found myself gulping my drink in one go and taking a seat.

They all welcomed him and to my dismay, my mum urged him to take sit beside me where she was previously sitting. I internally groaned but decided to act nonchalant.

The party continued and I noticed that Milo had been extremely touchy with my sister. I squinted my eyes and made a mental note to talk about it later with her. I giggled and shook my head. My ship was sailing.

Ace was also tensed beside me and we both sat still without saying a word. His phone began to beep multiple times but he did not attempt to check the text. Even though low music was playing and chattering of people filled the room I could still feel his presence no matter how much I tried to ignore him.

I had to leave, I couldn't take it anymore. I had fallen so in love with this man and he didn't feel anything for me. I had to fix my heart myself and staying next to him didn't do me any good. 

I quickly stood up and packed my stuff after telling Dylan good night. He offered to drive me back to the apartment but I told him I wanted to be by myself. He finally gave up on coming with me and made me promise to call him when I get home.

Taking my eyes off Dylan I caught sight of Ace staring at me through my side eye, I fought the urge to look at him and turned away after giving Xenia a forehead kiss.

My heels clacked on the tiles as I walked to the door and got to the elevator. I adjusted my coat which was dangling on my arm and pressed the button to open the elevator, luckily for me it was empty. I loved the idea of being alone at that time. My peace was soon ruined by a hand that stopped the elevator as it was about to close.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and the elevator slowly opened to reveal a heaving Ace. Our eyes locked for the first time tonight and I could feel my heart stop beating. I know I was so stupid, but getting over someone you once had feelings for was one of the toughest and most heartbreaking things a woman could go through. This was the reason why I couldn't stay in the same space with him, my feelings were still fresh, and seeing him constantly would just prolong my healing process and keep hurting me.

I tucked my hair behind my ear as he made his way into the elevator and it shut behind him. I took my eyes away from his and my senses came back to me.

"Quinn." His low voice rang in my ears and he tried to make his way to me.

Choosing to pretend like his presence was unimportant I clicked the button for the ground floor and the elevator began moving.