47| Son

♡♡♡
Ace

It was inevitable.

From the moment we set our eyes on each other at the restaurant.

I knew that I was in her life for this. I always thought it was for love, for the unconditional love I felt for my Quinn. I thought it was the love that brought us together but being in that cell, I realized that this is why we meet. For me to save her. To save her from the trauma, to heal her, and to sacrifice everything for her.

And I would just do that again without a second thought.

All the pieces came together in my head and they all made sense. They made perfect sense and I wondered how I never saw it. From the day Angus died to the day I was arrested, it was all inevitable. And I was going to make everything right in her life again. I was going to make sure she lived a perfect life from that day onward.

The metal chair screeched beneath me and the coldness seeped through the material of the trouser I was in. The police officer tapped my shoulder before leaving me alone in the questioning room waiting for the person who'll decide what happens to me.

But I had already made my decision.

I hung my head and placed my hands on the table.

"Ace Winston never thought I'd see you here," a man came in with a dry voice and sat across me. The bright light above us flickered as he gave me a fake smile.

"Now I heard one of our men offered you the VIP room but you refused and asked to be treated like a regular person?" he questioned, his eyes scanning through the file in his hands.

I remained quiet and he stared at me through his glasses.

"Hmm okay since you're being like this let's start the questioning shall we?" He cleared his throat once he realized I wasn't going to pay for any special treatment.

"What was your relationship with your grandfather?"

"He's my grandfather," I deadpanned.

The man across from me gazed at me for a few seconds before sliding his hands on the table. "I heard that you guys never got along. You hate him. Is that true?"

"Yes."

"Mr. Winston," he said at once and glanced around. "Look this is serious okay? He's on his deathbed, the doctors are saying that the poison has been eating him up from the inside slowly killing him. There's an 80% chance he would die. That means there's an 80% chance that you'll be labeled a murderer and spend the rest of your life behind bars. So please actually work with me here."

My body tensed as he voiced out exactly what had been going on in my head. Suddenly my feet began to itch, an itch to run out, to get my freedom. To escape this absurd situation and fall into her arms but I know I can't. So I fold my hands into a fist as I feel the bile forming in my throat. I let out a low breath and finally looked him in the eye.

"There's nothing I have to say," I spoke out.

"Is your lawyer coming?"

"I don't need one. I'm not denying any charges."

His eyes widened for a split second but he quickly concealed it and looked beside us at the glass wall which I'm sure covered the other policemen listening and watching our conversation.

"Do you understand what you're saying, Mr. Winston?"

"Yes... I tried to kill my grandfather."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~