16| I'm his fiancee

♡♡♡

KENNA

My eyes widen as he stared at me puzzled.

I swallowed and froze, the pupils in my eyes disappearing as the whites expanded.

"I- I'm paying," He stuttered, confused and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

He doesn't suspect a thing. YAYYYY

"I was just..." I trailed off, racking my brain for the right excuse. Then it dawned on me, his birthday is tomorrow.

"Your birthday!" I blurted out and a grin broke out on his face.

"You remembered?"

I smiled and swallowed the lump in my throat as I tried not to cry my eyes out because of my phone on the floor.

"How could I forget, I planned something for you and I need your pictures for it. So I was checking your laptop," I said innocently.

He chuckled at me and stared at me with his sea-blue eyes glistering. He's kinda cute, I admit. But he's an asshole for helping Mr. Jefferson. But then again he's just his client and he has to do what his client says. That's the down part of our job.

"Kenna?"

I was brought back to reality by Lucas's voice, I shook my head and turned to him.

"You don't have to do anything."

"Nope. Don't give me that bullshit now out," I giggled, "You've given me so many things already. I just want to do this one thing for you."

"Let's just say I know nothing," He finally said and I nodded in agreement. I watched as he walked out.

I let out a breath and immediately checked my phone which was laying on the floor lifeless. I groaned as I saw the cracked screen but luckily it was still working perfectly.

I checked the pictures I took and shut down the laptop. I settled my phone in the pocket of my coat. As my fingers clutched the door's handle, I turned back to looked at Lucas's station one more time.

I bit my lip before dashing out.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

QUINN

Sweatpants, hoodies, crocs, sneakers, check. I checked my box to make sure I didn't forget anything. I remembered my signature perfume and immediately climbed over Brandon to grab it.

"Ouch," He groaned moving away from the floor beside me. "Did you gain weight or something? That Ace boy must be really taking care of you."

I sneered at his assumption and grabbed my perfume from my dresser. I settled back on the soft black and white rug beside Brandon who said he'll help me pack but instead resorted to stalking a model guy he saw recently on social media.

"Is he that hot?" I finally asked because I knew he was waiting for it.

"Oh, sweet mother yes," He groaned and turned to me to give me the full details of the model.

I chuckled as I kept the perfume in a secluded place, I scanned my room to see if I needed anything else.

"His body is like that of a Greek god I'm telling you. I tried to talk to him at the event but I was so busy and a makeup artist wasn't able to come so I had extra work to do," He complained and continued telling me everything he can remember about the model.

I tried to focus but I couldn't help but think about the heated conversation I had with my mother earlier yesterday. When I told her I'll be gone for the weekend.