04| Dinnings And Proposals

♡♡♡

Ace smirked saying in a low voice, "Grandfather you'll see the heir to your company being, very, very responsible."

Carl cleared his throat as he adjusted his tie and checked to see if Mr. Winston was using his seat belt.

Carl used his seat belt seeing that Mr. Winston had already used his. Ace chortled and reversed before driving towards the gate.

Carl's eyes dashed towards his phone as he received a message.

Laura J: Are you crazy? Get Ace out of the driver seat.

Carl sighed and kept his phone in his pocket as the gatekeeper opened the majestic gate and Ace drove out.

"Is Myra ready?" Mr. Winston asks Laura who was focused on her phone.

"Huh?... Oh yeah," Laura said, putting her phone in her bag.

Their conversation was cut off as the car impetuously came to a halt and all eyes turned to Ace, who snigger, reversing and smirked as he drove out of the area.

Carl shut his eyes as the speedometer increased with the speed of light.

"Ace!" Laura said and Ace increased his speed the car easily overtaking other cars "You'll get us killed if you keep on speeding like that?"

Ace chuckled, "I'm the best driver you could get," He said taking a turn into the main road where cars were honking all around.

Ace turned and increased his speed more, he passed a red stop sign disobeying the traffic rules.

Mr. Winston decided to talk now "Ace!" hearing his grandfather's voice, Ace's smirk was replaced with a scowl, he drove faster if that was even possible.

"WATCH OUT!" Laura exclaimed, pointing at the truck that was driving towards the junction where they were about to pass if Ace doesn't slow down for the truck to pass it won't be a pretty scene as the two vehicles would collide with one another.

Carl and Mr. Winston's eyes widen, Carl yelled at Ace to stop the car but Ace kept his gaze forward ignoring all their calls, his foot increasing its pressure on the accelerator.

Carl cursed under his breath and Laura scream closing her eyes when the truck came in front of their car.

And it all seemed like it happened in slow motion as he turned the car to the side at the last minute the wind blowing tendrils of his hair every which way, the sudden movement of the car made everyone in the car collide with the car door as the car came to an abrupt halt.

The truck drove by about two inches beside them, and Ace still had the same nonchalant look on his face with only one hand on the steering.

Carl opened his eyes and saw that they survived, Ace turned to look at everyone before unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car.

Laura opened her eyes and touched her body to see if she will live to see her grandkids.

Ace ran his hands through his hair before screaming and kicking the car, he yelled and screamed making him remember when he did the same thing years ago, the same furiously attitude grew up with him.