36| Not Again

♡♡♡
Quinn's pov

"What are you thinking of? Your face is looking all wrinkly stop it." Brandon scrunches his nose as he did my makeup and I sigh exasperatedly.

He was about to complain again when my phone began to ring and I picked up to Kenna's loud voice coming through the video call.

"Hello, my favorite people!" She said cheerfully while driving in her car.

"How many times have I told you to stop driving and calling?" Brandon scolds and she scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"That rule or I mean the law is for those who put their phone to their ear and drive with one hand, you're talking to a lawyer I know all of this." She defended herself.

"For you, I think you should not try it all you can easily get distracted easily and cause damage," Brandon said back making him earn a death glare from Kenne through the phone.

I chuckle at their banter and shook my head. "You're going to work?" I asked Kenna and she nods enthusiastically.

"You look way too cheerful to be going to work." Brandon points out.

"That's because I have another job darlings," She chuckles and I share a look with Brandon.

"You quit your job?" I asked.

"No no just shut up for a second. I got a new job and I'm still keeping my old one they're both the same anyways and I'll still use my old office." She noticed our confused expression and decided to go straight to the point. "Ace asked me to work as part of the legal team for the Winston's company while still keeping my job here."

My eyes widen. "When did all that happen?"

"Well, we met a few days ago at the office to finalize everything, and now." She holds up her worker's ID for the Winston's company. "I have two jobs!"

"You crazy girl," Brandon laughs. "I've never seen anyone being too happy to have more work to do."

"I'm basically going like a spy undercover. You guys know Luca right? He's the lawyer for Mr. Jefferson who's trying to get Winston's company and I'll basically be a lawyer for Ace. I always know Luca's plan." She explains.

Ace never told me anything about this. He actually rarely tells me about the company.

"Do people always fight for family companies?" I asked Brandon once the call with Kenna was over.

"Is that a question? Of course! Even non-family members will always have their eye on a successful business," Brandon explained.

"Isn't the heir supposed to always be the next leader or something?"

He laughed and shook his head. "Goodness you're so cute, that's how it is with most of them the son or daughter always takes over. But there are so cases when if they aren't competent there would be a board meeting about the future of the company because shareholders and workers are going to suffer if the company falls into the hands of someone who can't work properly. They won't want to risk that."

"How do you know so much about these things?" I questioned, astonished by his knowledge.

"It rubs off on you when your dad is always buying shares and all." He shrugs. "The real question is how don't you know about this? You're dating Ace Winston and you didn't do your research on this?"

I nervously shifted in my seat. I still haven't told Brandon that it was all fake but now that it's real I see no reason to bring it up now.

"Do you even know the history of their company and family? They have such a dark past darling."