09| The Trauma

♡♡♡

"Best headline of the week, Ace Winston and Quinn Manchester aren't actually in love it's all a fake," He laughed and shook his head. "I just took a video and picture of you."

Ace and Quinn froze, "You can't release that," Quinn said with dread and he chuckled.

He raised his camera in the air mockingly and pouted then walked away. "You know this is your fault," Ace deadpanned going after the man, Quinn scoffed unbelievably and hit his head earning a loud "Ow!" from him.

"Wait!" Ace yelled when they saw the man standing in front of the elevator.

"I'll sue you for taking that picture and video," Ace said and the man looked at him abruptly, his eyes widening as the confidence he had earlier suddenly escaped from his ears.

"You invaded our privacy and came into where we live, took our picture without our consent, and eavesdropped on our conversation. Moreover, we're both influential people so doing this..mm is what's the word... oh yeah wrong," Ace said sternly.

Quinn looked up at Ace beneath her lashes, she hadn't seen him like that before and she kept it behind her mind to remember to use it against him.

"Ace-Ace please calm down let's talk this out."

"The Camera?" Ace asked holding his hands out.

The man looked at his camera nervously, this headline would increase his pay by a lot and his boss would finally respect him.

But who the hell wants to get sued?

The man slowly handed Ace the Camera. Ace grabbed the Camera and deleted the pictures, took out the memory card, and kept it in his pocket.

Ace gave the Camera back to its owner who had a traumatized look on his face, "My promotion!" The man cried holding his camera as his life depended on it.

Quinn stifled a laugh and opened the elevator, Ace kept his arm around the man's shoulder and led him to the elevator.

"You'll get a promotion some other way," Ace said waving to the man as the elevator began closing.

"Amen!" Quinn added clasping her hands as the elevator closed.

"We make a good team.," Ace laughed as they were about to hug each other but they immediately decided against it and abruptly turned away from each other.

"Um-" Ace cleared his throat and adjusted his cap while Quinn tucked her hair behind her ear.

"So.... You still wanna go on the date?"

Quinn turned her gaze to him, her mouth slightly agape.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"Our interiors are totally different," Ace laughed as he touched the frame of Quinn's portrait beside her dining set, it was a beautiful portrait of Quinn wearing a blue long gown that flowed behind her.

"Wait here I'll go change."

Quinn went into her closet to change into something she could wear and not freeze to death while Ace continued roaming her apartment which felt warm and homey.

He opened a door and it lead him to a bedroom, Ace let out a cocky laugh and slowly closed the door behind him. The room was a little messy with a deep pink towel roughly tossed on the bed, a makeup box opened on her dresser, and a black sandal tossed at the base of the Queen size bed.