46| The arrest

♡♡♡

Ace
If you told me a few months ago that the dating proposal I agreed on with an actress -I didn't even know- would end up changing my entire life this much I wouldn't have believed you.

But there I was standing in my apartment waiting for them to arrive. I shook my head again for the hundredth time that morning wondering why and how I got myself into this mess. All this family mess happening around me. All I wanted was to be with Quinn, but she didn't want to even hear of me.

"He's been having therapy sessions to also help him get back on his feet," my mother told me as she walked closer to me and my father.

"How's it going?"

She nodded with a faint smile, "he's not able to take more than a few steps right now but he's been trying to get his voice back. We're doing everything we can Ace."

"And what's this big revenge plan that's the reason for all of this?"

"We have it all planned out Ace, trust me."

I gulped down the glass of water I poured for myself and placed the empty cup back on the table. I checked my phone again, I don't know what I was expecting she definitely won't call me or text me. I debated over calling her or going over to her place since we left the hospital.

I did go over to her place but she wasn't there. I figured out she went to her parent's home. I ran over there, only for the security to tell me I wasn't allowed on their premises anymore. Funny right?

She cut me off and made it impossible for me to reach her. My hand was itching as it hovered above the contact name on my phone and I caved into the temptation and dialed her number. It rang and rang and rang but she didn't pick up. I dialed it again only for it to say her number was switched off.

The only message I got from her was when her mother came over to tell me everything was over and that I shouldn't contact her daughter. Which was absurd to me considering she was the one who wanted us to keep dating a while ago.

Frustrated, I threw the phone on the couch beside me as a long groan escaped my throat.

I looked to my right and saw the ring. She took off her ring. I saw it on the floor back at the hospital and then I knew she hated me. I picked up the ring and folded it in my palm. While lost in thoughts the doorbell rang, making me flinch.

I came back to reality and placed the ring in a safe spot before going to answer the door. I knew who it was so I just opened the door.

"Hey, love." She smiled at me and cupped my face with her fragile hands, pulling me in for a hug.

I plastered a smile on my face as I escorted her in and shut the door. She took off her coat and scarf, placing it on the coat hanger before we took a seat.

"Do you want something to drink? Tea? Coffee? Soda?"

"Soda?" She looked shocked and chuckled. "How can an old woman like me risk-taking that chemical? I'll just take water."

I nodded and made my way to the kitchen.

"When's she getting here? This is too important to wait for," she said from the living room just as I began to walk back with a glass of water for her.

"She'll be here soon."

She raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes as I nodded to calm her down.

At that moment the doorbell rang and soon enough the three of us were in our seats ready to begin the conversation I'd been dreading.