54| A happy house

♡♡♡
Quinn

Kenna and Harry stayed with me while Alex went to pick up Ace that afternoon when he was released and I couldn't stop thinking of all the possibilities of things that could happen or could have happened. But I just prayed to anyone listening out there for Ace to be safe and come back to me.

"Quinn?" Kenna touched my hands. I sucked in a deep breath and my eyes flickered open. "Are you good?"

"Yeah, why?" I said leaning up from the couch. She used her index finger to touch my cheek and showed me the wetness on her finger.

"You're crying."

I didn't even realize I was crying. My body had gotten so used to it at that point that it didn't recognize it as something foreign anymore. I touched my face feeling the tears and wiped them myself.

"I didn't realize," I whispered.

"He'll be okay darling."

"It's getting so late Kenna why aren't they here yet?" I cried squeezing her hand and she squeezed mine back.

"Maybe Ace wanted to look around for a while to get himself back to normal before meeting you because he wouldn't want to make you worried."

"He's making me worried by keeping me like this Kenna. I need to see him now with my own eyes and make sure he's safe."

Kenna's face crumbled at my state and she pulled me into her chest while stroking her hair. "He's alright Quinn, he has to be. I'll kill him if he lets anything happen to him."

Just then Harry walked back in with his phone on his ear. "Alex said he's on his way," he announced but his expression was different from the one that should be on his face when hearing his best friend is back.

"With Ace?" I squirmed and his face paled. My heart dropped to my feet and I glanced at Kenna.

"He isn't coming with Ace?" I asked.

Kenna gave me a soft look before glaring at Harry, "What do you mean? He went to pick up Ace right?"

Harry gulped under her stare and scratched the back of his head just as the door opened and I sprang up. Alex walked in and I instinctively bent my head to see if Ace was walking in next. Alex looked at me before finally moving out of the way and finally, I saw him.

My pretty boy.

A soft gasp left my lips when I saw him. And then he gave me the sweetest smile and my heart melted once again as his eyes crinkled. I couldn't move, feeling like any move I made would result in my waking up from the perfect dream. I couldn't even be aware of anything else around me at that time, my eyes were only stuck on him.

His hair was way too fluffy, looking way too perfect for someone who was just in jail. Then he began to walk towards me. Before I could think his large frame melted into my body and a sob broke from my lips.

"Hey love," his voice that I'd been yearning for days boomed in my ear and I tightened my grip around his torso refusing to let him escape again. His soft chuckle came next and I felt my body get lightweight, he made me so weak in a good way. Lord, I missed him so fucking much. The way his body fitted mine so perfectly, the way his touch felt, the way his voice made life worth living, the way his smell was my drug.

"You're alive," my croaked voice came out and he hummed.

"I'm Ace Winston love, I wouldn't dare to die and leave you," he said softly and placed a kiss on the top of my head. Still feeling my body trembling I looked up at him and he slowly used his thumb to wipe my tear-stained face.