21| The Butterfly Effect

♡♡♡

QUINN

Do you know the butterfly effect?

The butterfly effect talks about how a small action can cause a large effect. It was on that day, I understood the butterfly effect.

I kept on blaming the incident on myself. People have the habit of blaming others to makes themselves feel better but I've never been like that. I always found it hard to blame others, I always found a way to make things my fault without knowing. I should have just listened and understood instead of hurting myself with my delusions.

If I had told myself this eight years ago, then maybe..... Just maybe things may have ended up differently.

I massaged my temples and I looked up to see Dylan trying to make Kenna stop crying.

"You know how much I hate seeing people I love cry." Dylan laughed, scolding her which only resulted in her bursting into tears again.

I took the box of tissues and gave Dylan who muttered a thank you and took out two tissues to give Kenna. She blew her nose and sniffed. "We thought you died!" She yelled at him while still sobbing.

She hit his chest while sobbing and he held her hands. "I know." He muttered and she sniffed, glaring at him.

"You knew! And you still left us in the dark. You monster!" She cried.

Dylan chuckled and said, "I'll explain everything, let's just stop crying huh?"

After some seconds I asked,"Kenna is all good now?" She nodded slowly and I let out a breath of relief.

Dylan smiled at her and rubbed her arm, before going to a seat across us. Kenna and I moved closer to each other and wrapped our hands around each other.

"Whatever he says now, may change everything or may not change anything." I whispered to her and she hummed in agreement. I smiled at her and she gave me a brighter smile.

We were both hurting inside and the smile was accepting that we've been through a lot together, we've cried and laughed together, we've hated the same person together, we've fought and yet again we're doing this together. The smile is an agreement to stay together like this and always be there for each other.

"Stay strong my dear Quinn." She whispered with a beaming smile and rubbed my arm. I nibbled on my bottom lip as my lips trembled and tears began forming in my eyes.

I looked at my thighs before looking up into her eyes and saying, "Stay strong McKenna."

She chuckled lightly and we beamed at each other.

"Are you ready?" Dylan asked while moving his hand up and down his thigh. Kenna and I looked at each one last time before turning to him in sync and nodding.

I'm ready!

Dylan looked at us with a grin on his face, "You've both grown up so much." He mused and we tsked.

"Now, to think back to that day is....really draining. But I prepared for this when I decided to move here." He began. I held my breath then released it to mentally prepare myself.

"The day before the incident. Angus had been zoning out a lot and he had the same expression masking his face. I remember asking him what happened he shrugged off the questions I threw at him. I thought he was like that because Kenna accepted to be Justin's girlfriend, so I teased him about that and a scowl masked his face. Then I knew that wasn't it.

That night, we had planned a meeting for prom, but he didn't show up. And that's when I asked you, Quinn, to check up on him. The next day he came to school with the same dry expression on his face and I became worried because it was unlike him to stay mad for so long. I wondered, who could have done what would make him that mad?