Chapter 52: Promotion

The exam week has passed, all the students gather at the auditorium as the school will held one final event, the closing ceremony. It is normal to think that all students must attend, especially if they are considered to be one of the top rankers for this year. And yet, when Glynne glance over to the side, there was a vacant seat in there.

'Hey, Mei" Glynne whispered to the dark-haired girl to his side. "Where's Kiana?"

"I don't know either." Mei replied, "She said that she need to do something so she can't come."

"...I-is that so" Glynne furrowed his eyebrows. In these pass few days, he felt like Kiana was avoiding him. He would often times catch her staring at him, and in some cases, would also follow him whenever he goes. He figured that she wanted something to talk to him so he tried approaching her, but for some reason, she would just ran away.

Just as he thinking deeply what would be the reason, he suddenly felt his phone vibrating in his pockets. He brought it out to see that the girl in question send him a message.

[Meet me at the training grounds] it says. Seems like Glynne was getting his answer soon.

But well, that is one problem down. The boy felt a sweat drop on his forehead as he senses multiple stares directed at his back.

"Glynne, it's time." The boy was surprised when Bronya suddenly tug her sleeves. He look at her and saw her pointing at the stage. That was when he realized what she was talking about. The four simultaneously stood up and line up on front.

"Hm, where's Kiana?" Himeko questioned when she noticed the team was missing one member. Mei and Glynne couldn't really give any excuses so they just laughed bitterly. Seeing this, the red haired teacher massaged her temple while saying, "...That girl,"

"You should not worry Himeko, I will deal with Kiana later." Theresa reassured to lessen her staff's headache at least a little bit. "We should focus at the task for now."

"You're right," Himeko agreed as she cleared her throat and shifted into her professional mode. "Mei Raiden, Bronya Zaychik, Fu Hua, for the outstanding display you did on the exams, you all have cleared the qualifications. Congratulations, starting today you are all B rank Valkyries!"

There was a huge cheer that came from the crowds as they watch the three girls receive their new identification card with the huge letter "B" at the back. It soon silent down as the teachers move on to the only male in front.

"For you Glynne, we respect your great deeds. For today, Saint Freya Academy will become the witness of the birth of a new B rank Knight!" Himeko declared.

Though it was much quieter than the last, some of the students are still clapping as a common courtesy.

Rita soon approaches the boy with a tray that contain his new ID. However there was a huge question mark above his head when he noticed a small device was also presented to him. Naturally he asked what it is.

"Oh this, consider it as a celebratory gift from me." Rita replied as she push the device to him. "That is a Interdimensional Storage Device. Normally, these are given to Valkyries when they reached A rank. However, I made an exception as your weapons are dangerous when touched by somebody else."

Glynne just nod, summing her words as the device was something important and valuable. As much as he wanted to try it out, he hold himself back as there are still something more important to do. He quickly strapped it on his belt and showed the the maid a wide smile. "Thank you Rita."

She didn't expect the boy's reaction, regardless she still never forget to smile in response.

@@@@@@@@