Chapter 53: Duel (End)

Glynne has finally arrived at the training grounds. When he got there, he noticed Kiana at the middle of the field, with her arms crossed while tapping the ground with her foot.

"You're late." she said as soon as she saw the boy come out of the door.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I had something to do first." Glynne apologizes while rubbing the back of his head. He then put his hands down and stared at Kiana's eyes "That said, I'm glad I talk to again."

"Hm, do you miss talking to me that much?"

"Pretty much, yeah." the girl was taken aback when Glynne answered her without any hesitation. He noticed her mouth twitching as she seems to be holding back something.

"...Anyways," Kiana flips her hair and pointed her finger at him, "I believe you should already know why I called you here."

"Yeah, I know." Glynne lose the bet. With him barely passing the practicals, he lost to Kiana by a large margin. That said, the results was revealed last week and he was expecting to be confronted at any moment about the bet. However for some reason, she never approached him until now.

"By the way, you didn't held back right?" Kiana eyed the boy suspiciously. Yes, the practical score is quite understandable, but Glynne's score at the written exams are mediocre. In fact, their score were quite close to each other.

"Eh, there's no way that's the case." Glynne quickly denied the suspicion as he waves his hand quickly.

Kiana glared the boy for a while before she out a sign. "Fine, I'll let it pass this time."

She then walk closer to Glynne and stared at his face. "W-what?" of course, he was quite taken aback as he girl seems to be observing him from head to toe.

After a few moments she closed her eyes and turned around with her hands at her back. "Hey, do you remember this place?"

"Yeah," Glynne nodded and look around the place as if he was feeling nostalgic. "This is where we first met."

"-This is also where you first insulted me." Kiana quickly added.

"Well, in my defense, you are the rude one to interrupt during my training." Glynne retorted back while shrugging his shoulders.

They both look at each other for a few seconds before they broke out into laughter at the same.

".... Right, you know there's always been one thing I wanted to do here since then." Kiana moves closer once again and pointed her finger on the boy's face. "Please have a duel with me."

@@@@@@@@@@

"Uhm, just to make sure. Are you really okay with this?" Glynne asked as he tries to adjust the skintight training suit. With his battlesuit being confiscated, he has no other choice but to use this one for the duel. "You know, you could always challenge me anytime."

"Please don't fool me. " Kiana glared at the boy. "I know that if given the choice, you always decline to fight."

Glynne let out a sigh and muttered "I guess you saw right through me..." He wasn't really keen in getting into fight himself. Sparring is another thing though as he only thought of that as a part of training. That said, the only fights he would get into are the ones which are mandatory or those that are forced into him. In this case it was the latter.

He was planning to have Kiana change her wish. However, looking at her eyes, she seems pretty determined to fight him. He had no other choice as he did agree to do one thing if she beat him on the test. "By the way, are you not gonna use your battlesuit?" he pointed it out when he notice that Kiana is wearing a similar outfit as him but colored white.